General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

removing threads

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tina

Tina Report 10 Sep 2004 18:52

Hi All I am new to the mesage boards and i am a bit confused, as this is for general topics and if a topic that is neither anything with a racial content ,incitement to commit a wrong doing or inflamatory in any other way how can it be removed by one person asking for it to be?as i consider myself a reasonable adult i read and relpy to anything that i find interests me or i disregard anything i dont personaly agree with which i thought was the object of a forum , just recently there has been some threads that i would have been interested to read only to find that someone has had them removed, why do these people feel they have to disregard all the others in this forum who may have been interested. Tina

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Sep 2004 19:04

Tina A thread can only be removed by the person who started it, or by GR. People can't just remove a thread because they disagree with it. However, I have requested GR to remove a thread because it was simply insulting and offensive, and they obviously agreed because they did remove it. There is always room for constructive debate and people to exchange views and disagree with eachother. However, it is generally accepted "netiquette" to do this without being abusive. Hope this explains things. nell

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 10 Sep 2004 19:04

........and nobdy is safe! we even lost a whole chapter of life in 'Chatston Village' yesterday, and that's all make believe :O