General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Oh my god!!!!! I cant contain myself

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Zoe

Zoe Report 10 Sep 2004 19:50

I'll tell you in a minute ;o)

Zoe

Zoe Report 10 Sep 2004 19:53

My gt grandfather Oscar played for Man Utd between 1908 and 1912 (apologies to anyone I've bored with this before) It's my ambition to find an original programme with his name in - I have a hundred photocopies of programmes where he's mentioned but I'd love the real thing. Anyway........ I periodically search on google to see if any collectors happen to be flogging of their collections and I might pick one up and today I found this: http://www.movinghistory.ac.uk/archives/nw/collection.html a film arvhive in manchester that has actual footage of the team. Now all I want to do is run home and see if the match is one of the ones he played in - and I'm on late shift until 1am :o(

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Sep 2004 19:56

Zoe Woo hoo! Jump for joy! nell

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Sep 2004 21:07

Zoe - how exciitng:o) let us know won't you???? Jude sarf wales

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 10 Sep 2004 21:15

well done on your find :0)) tina xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Sep 2004 21:19

Absolutely splendiferous Zoe!! I hope you are lucky and can actually see him playing. Margaret

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 10 Sep 2004 21:32

Zoe, That is just Brilliant, made up for you!!! Kathleen

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 10 Sep 2004 21:39

Oh wow, Zoe! That's fantastic. I'm so happy for you!

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 10 Sep 2004 21:42

It's going to be a long night for you, hope time doesn't drag too much until you can get home. Sue

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 10 Sep 2004 21:45

Zoe, This lady is brilliant, helped us no end with our son's project about Man Utd, on each player that he chose. Gillian Moors Archivist Museum & Tour Centre Manchester United Football Club Ltd Sir Matt Busby Way Old Trafford Manchester M16 0RS Her direct No. is 0161 868 8636 or email gillian(.)moors.at manutd(.)co(.)uk She will send any info that Man U have on a person. Good Luck Kim X

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 10 Sep 2004 21:48

Sorry Zoe, It would not let me put the email in, hope you can decipher! Kim x

Zoe

Zoe Report 10 Sep 2004 21:52

Cheers everyone - I don't think I've ever been so bad a clockwatcher. Kim thanks for that tip - I've actually been in touch with Gillian before and she was able to let me have photographs of him and provide what little info they have - but they didn't have a lot - I even had to tell them when he'd died. tick tock tick tock ;o) Zoe

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 10 Sep 2004 22:00

Zoe, A bit like my gt uncle, he played in the 1st world cup (Lipton's Cup) I have seen the medal but West Auckland have nothing on him!! Good Luck though Kim x

Brenda

Brenda Report 10 Sep 2004 22:41

Well done Zoe,glad you have had some good luck.Hope I have as much luck when i start my search for details of my grand fathers boxing career.

Joy

Joy Report 10 Sep 2004 23:00

Ace! really pleased for you! Joy

Zoe

Zoe Report 14 Sep 2004 15:55

Just spoke to the North West film Archive and I have an appointment to go view the film in Manchester at the beginning of October. Apparently its only about a minute long - not a full match - so I insist everyone keep all crossable things crossed until then in hope that he's in it. AND theres a possibility that the copyright holder may allow them to let me have a VHS of the footage as i'm related to him YAAAAAAY Z xx