General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

cross stitch question

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sue

Sue Report 11 Sep 2004 15:56

My two main hobbies at the moment are genealogy and cross stitch, so it occurred to me that I might be able to combine the two! Has anyone come across a decent sized cross stitch Family Tree chart? Sue

Sandra

Sandra Report 11 Sep 2004 16:18

hi i saw some at the family history fayre in maidstone, so they are about. try www[.]familyhistoryfairs[.]com remove the brackets phone no 01344 451479 they might be able to let you know the suppliers name hope it helps sandra

Jane

Jane Report 11 Sep 2004 16:28

I've also seen these charts at family history fairs. Some of them look a bit complicated and I would always be wary of missing dates or even realising something wasn't quite right. Jane

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 13 Sep 2004 05:05

I have a cross stitich chart for 'mothers tree', The idea is that you use your mothers maiden name,,,then add on her married name,,,eg,, Claire Marie Swan Taylor daughter of ,,,Florence Hurst Swan daughter of...... Mary Ann Revell Hurst,,daughter of Clara Ann Revell Evans .. However i havent enough names to make it really long which is what I'd like,and of course,,,there's no room for the guys, Maybe someone will design us one? Just had a look on the web site,,'Sew and So..' there are a few tree charts on there but they all seem to have a tree as the main picture,, I dont know what you really wanted but i would prefare a chart type arrangment,,