General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Access to Grandchildren

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 15 Sep 2004 10:19

Is there an organisation out there for grandparents who are denied access to their grandchildren? Does any one know? Rose

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 15 Sep 2004 10:25

Rose am sure there is, but i don't know the details. I read your thread the other day and really felt for you. I have a daughter and i have also split with her father. But despite having major problems with him, i have never denied his mum access. MY problem lies with him not her. She should be a part of my daughters life, as you should be a part of your grandchildrens. I'm lucky my ex mother in law is a wonderful person and treats all four of my kids exactly the same, at birthdays, christmas etc. Technically my three boys are nothing to do with her. She even buys my new husband presents at birthday and christmas. I guess i was just lucky I really hope you sort it out soon, as too mnay family these days don't get the benfit of all the generations Shelli

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 15 Sep 2004 10:27

try calling citizen advice or speak to a solictor. Some will give you some free time. It would at least point you in the right direction. Shelli

Sue

Sue Report 15 Sep 2004 10:32

Rose Try putting 'access to grandchildren' in Google (or any search engine). It brought up quite a few sites with info on. I don't know which area you're in, but they seem to be throughout the UK. Hope this helps. good luck Sue

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 15 Sep 2004 10:46

my mum and dad had to go to a solicitor to get access to my brothers 3 children it cost them a fair packet,but as mum says,it was worth every penny i do hope that you sort access out,i really feel for you i dont know what i would do if i couldnt see my grandchildren,it would break my heart please keep us informed love and hugs susie

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 15 Sep 2004 10:48

Thanks to all of you for your sympathy and very constructive suggestions, I will follow them up Rose and Edmund F-C

Lisa

Lisa Report 15 Sep 2004 15:45

rose i don't know but i know they have fathers for justice.they might be able to pu you onto something .just look on the website.love and hugsxxxx(:

Mary

Mary Report 15 Sep 2004 16:50

Rose, you must first find where the children are. Then try putting in writing that you would like to see them. Unless you can talk to your duaghter in law without getting angry, you may find she may be glad of your help with the children. Try the reasonable aproach this may work and you may not have to go to court. I think everyone is so emotional at a time like this that you expect the worst and this may be wrong. Everything may be worked out with out problems. Then if you are refused you have grounds to start court proceedings. Most of all don`t panic yet. Time has a way of cooling things down. Mary.