General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

email attachments - help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 15 Sep 2004 22:08

Could not believe it when I saw Arthur's request as well. However mine is slightly different - here I am again admitting to being thick - I can manage to send one page as an attachment to an email but wish to send two pages - have been trying for an hour - as a dummy run I am sending to myself - but as soon as I have scanned both pages I seem to get lost - re files etc. This is a very important letter and I not wish to say 'hang on second page coming'! Thank you Ann

Arthur

Arthur Report 15 Sep 2004 22:22

Hi Ann must be two great minds think alike or are we both just!!!! lol. Arthur

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 15 Sep 2004 22:25

Oh Arthur - I thought some one was solving my query and it was you - never mind we will be thick together!

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 15 Sep 2004 22:38

If you are scanning 2 pages, 'scan to file' save them as No.1 & then No.2 in 'My Documents' then when you go to email, go to 'My Documents' choose No.1 highlight the file and select attach, then do it again and attach No.2 then the receiver can click on either one. This maybe the 'long winded' version but that's all I know. Hope I have explained myself Kim

ChrisofWessex

ChrisofWessex Report 15 Sep 2004 22:42

Thanks Kim - I will try and thank you.

Unknown

Unknown Report 15 Sep 2004 23:06

Ann, I think you should be able to click on the first attachment, then hold down CTRL and click on the second, then they will both attach at the same time. Only saves doing it twice! Mandy :)