General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any one been to Altenahr Germany ?????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

valinkent

valinkent Report 16 Sep 2004 15:37

I am off to Altenahr on Monday for a few days on a coach trip,i was wondering has anybody been there and what is it like ? Val

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 16 Sep 2004 15:39

hi val i havent been to altenahr but i have been to munich. munich is a beautiful city,although its very austrian! but then it would be wouldnt it,being on the border of austria lol im sure you'll like it.just make sure youve got a nice hotel. ours was awful..anti english!!! susie

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 16 Sep 2004 20:13

Its a village in the wine producing area There is a chair lift to take you upto the higher slopes and not very far from there is a dry tobaggan run which you can go on You can also follow a trail through the vineyards I can't remember the name of the hotel we stayed at because we were in an annexe up the hill which had a lovely muriel on the wall which hilda ogden would have loved We only went to the hotel for meals We went in the bars in the village at night Hope you have a nice holiday Bren

valinkent

valinkent Report 17 Sep 2004 11:28

Thanks for that info Brenda sounds quite nice ,i don,t know about the dry tabogan run seeing as i am one of the older generation!!!!!!. The hotel we are staying at is Bahn Hotal Hubel & Guesthouses so it sounds as if your,s was the same sort of hotel . Val