General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BBC1 Now

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 16 Sep 2004 19:04

Sausages- The truth of the crap we are eating. Yum

Daniel

Daniel Report 16 Sep 2004 19:28

The cheaper ones may contain Pigs ears and pig belly skin. I don't think i'll eat another sausage for a while!

Speedy

Speedy Report 16 Sep 2004 19:31

Never been keen on 'em loads of fat and no goodness......

Bev

Bev Report 16 Sep 2004 19:33

you obviously don't watch River Cottage then Daniel, Hugh fearnlry-Whittingstall, who promotes organic farming, believes in eating the Whole of the animal, from the head to the tail, his book contains some rather nice recipies Bev

Daniel

Daniel Report 16 Sep 2004 19:36

Ah actually I did. A right weirdo that Hugh. Pigeon Pies- delicious.

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 16 Sep 2004 19:39

not all sausages are made with c**p,me and my hubby own a butchers are we don't put anything like that in our sausages, karen

Daniel

Daniel Report 16 Sep 2004 19:40

They said that the cheap ones are likely too. Always check the label for meat percentage.

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 16 Sep 2004 19:44

i agree daniel,people seem to be quite happy to spend hardly anything on cheap rubbish and then seem surprised when they hear what goes into it, karen

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 16 Sep 2004 21:01

Have also heard some gruesome things about the humble pork-pie!..

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 16 Sep 2004 21:04

If the truth were Known...............You do NOT want to know what you have been eating............. Bob

David

David Report 16 Sep 2004 21:17

Had bangers and mash in a place called "The" in Peterborough yesterday, whatever was in them they tasted lovely, yummy. David

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 16 Sep 2004 21:25

I was in Surrey a few weeks ago, and went to a camp barbie Q........the choice of food was excellent, we inquired as to the sausages content, and was told venison, I had never dreamed of actually eating venison,,But.........as David says...............Yummy......Scrumptious!!!

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 16 Sep 2004 22:36

couldn't face watching that - would rather NOT know!!!