General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Breast Cancer Awareness/GHD straighteners

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 16 Sep 2004 21:27

I've been meaning to buy GHD straighteners. I've saved up and am ready to buy them. Someone told me that they had joined together with Breast Cancer Awareness and made pink straighteners and some of the proceeds go to Breast Cancer awareness. I think they read it in B magazine..... does anyone know where I can get some?? Chloe

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 16 Sep 2004 23:23

Chloe, What are GHD Straighteners? never heard of them Kim

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 16 Sep 2004 23:37

Hi Chloe, my 17yr old daughter has had hers since last Christmas, and wouldn't leave the house without using them! (don't know how we all managed for years)Lol Just looked on her box and they have a website that may be able to help with your query www.ghdhair.*com best wishes Christine

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Sep 2004 00:45

hi chloe,it seems that part of the profit for the pink only straighteners goes to breast cancer awareness,and i think we all approve of that. the best awareness,is for ladies,over the age of 16,to regularly check their breasts for abnormalities,any change whatsover,seek medical advice straight away. same goes for men,check testicles,at least once a week....also any change in regularity of peeing,if theres any pain,or blood,seek medical help straight away. i posted this to help people,if it has offended anyone,i appologise.......bryan.

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 17 Sep 2004 07:33

Thanks for the info. Kim - GHD straighteners are a godsend!! They're expensive but they straighten your hair in such an amazing way. Best on the market. Chloe

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 17 Sep 2004 07:37

Remember Leo, in The Salon, programme, talking about them! did anybody else watch that programme? loved that Jorge!..

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 17 Sep 2004 08:38

Byran, I am sure no one could possible take offence at your advice. As someone who has recently had scans and a mammogram for a lump (all clear results arrived yesterday), I would like everyone to be aware and hopefully never have to go through a scare. I also thought.... what a good way to check men as well ... using the same sort of machine ;-) As for straightners.... 15 year old daughter will not go anywhere without them and she had such lovely curls :-( Jacky :-)

Lucky

Lucky Report 17 Sep 2004 09:20

I saw those in a magazine a little while ago (can't remember which one) I think they were over £100, so a fair bit put on the normal price. I got some for my daughters off of QVC for £20. They are solid ceramic and my olderst says they are as good as her £60 vidal sassoon ones. She prefers using them as they are light. A good alternative to the GHD ones. They are made by complements and I believe they are having a show on QVC next month. QVC also have a Breast Cancer Care night next month (6th I think). Everything you purchase is half the usual price and all profits go to Breast cancer research. You get a bargain and donate at the same time. Well worth watching. Diane

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){

}((((*> Jeanette The Haddock <*)))){ Report 17 Sep 2004 10:57

Chloe My hairdressers used to use GHD's but they got rid of them cos they kept blowing up. Apparently they get too hot. I bought a different brand and they have been fine Jeanette x

Lucky

Lucky Report 21 Sep 2004 11:22

Hi Chloe Found the magazine I saw them in. Limited edition ghd ceramic styling irons on sale in October £125!!! every pair sold £10 goes to Breakthrough Breast Cancer Research. Seems a bit of a rip off to me, but there you go. I thought these ones usually cost around £85, quite a mark up. phone number 0845 330 1133. Diane

Bec

Bec Report 21 Sep 2004 11:26

Hello Maybe you're better off buying a more reasonably priced pair of straighteners and donating money separately to Breast Cancer Awareness? I have some Toni & Guy ones (£35ish?) which work a treat. Becx

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 23 Sep 2004 10:21

Pink straighteners....... yey!! I want some!! ;O) Hope you manage to get them babe but I must admit I do find the markup quite extortionate..... maybe normal GHD ones with a donation to breakthrough is the answer!!

Lucky

Lucky Report 11 Oct 2004 15:53

Hi Chloe Did you get them if so what are they like?? Diane

McDitzy

McDitzy Report 11 Oct 2004 18:58

Hiya Yeah I did get them. Not much of the money went to breast cancer, so I gave some more. I've only recently actually had a nice income and it's nice to save up and buy things for myself! GHD straighteners are amazing. I had those Toni & Guy ones before, I bought them in the sale for £20, but they don't keep my hair straight for very long, GHD does!!! And they're barbie pink too! Wicked!!! Chloe