General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

real life warnings found on products (or funny sig

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 17 Sep 2004 21:22

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 17 Sep 2004 21:22

Notice on a packet of peanuts - Warning: May Contain Nuts Notice in a Sainsbury's supermarket - Houseplants are for ornamental use only and not for consumption Advice on a Golden Graham's cereal packet - For best results eat with your mouth closed Advert for a Rowenta iron - Do not iron on body Warning on Marks and Spencer Pudding - Caution! Product will be hot after heating Help on US airline packet of nuts - Instructions: Open packet, eat nuts Warning on a Swedish Chainsaw - Do not attempt to stop chain by hand Advice on Nytol (sleep-aid) - Warning, may cause drowsiness McDonald's coffee cups in US warn - Contents may be hot Warning on a CHILDREN's cough medicine - May cause drowsiness. Do not drive car or operate heavy machinery Notice on Chinese Xmas lights - for indoor and outdoor use only Printed on the Bottom of Tesco's tiramisu dessert - Do not turn upside down Instructions on a Japanese clock - To replace a battery, remove old one and insert new one Caution on a Korean Kitchen Knife - Warning: keep out of children Baffling instruction on a Japanese food processor - Not to be used for the other use Recommendation on Sunmaid raisins - Why not try tossing over your favourite cereal? Advice by Nokia mobile phones - Use only in normal position (to ear) Caution on Sevylor PVC Waterbed - This item is not to be eaten Note on the Acme ultrasonic dog whistle - This product will be ineffective if your dog is deaf

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 17 Sep 2004 21:30

Here are some more: On a Sears hairdryer -- DO NOT use while sleeping. On a bag of Fritos -- You could be a winner! No purchase necessary. Details inside. (the shoplifter special)? On a bar of Dial soap -- "Directions: Use like regular soap." (and that would be how???....) On some Swanson frozen dinners -- "Serving suggestion: Defrost." On a child's Superman costume -- "Wearing of this garment does not enable you to fly." Maggie _________________________________________________________________

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Sep 2004 23:17

I think the prevalence of pointing out the bl**dy obvious is another symptom of the blame culture - ie if manufacturors don't tell you and you burn yourself/poison yourself/ etc through your own stupidity, they can be sued. Mind you I am totally boggled by the Playstation games sold in shops - a lot of them say 3+. I can't imagine plonking a 3-year-old in front of a PS console, but it seems most of the children who come to our primary school nowadays have them. One of them, who was still 4 when he came to our reception class said to me "I can't concentrate - I can only go on the playstation!" nell

Poolie Girl

Poolie Girl Report 17 Sep 2004 23:47

Re the iron warning. I have known several teenage girls experience burns from ironing their hair!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Sep 2004 00:23

XXX Mineral Water Filtered through volcanic rocks for thousands of years. Best Before May 2005.

Mags

Mags Report 18 Sep 2004 05:18

Shall never be able to eat raisins again without thinking of this! lol What about signs? - the one that says 'This door to remain locked shut' - could you lock it open? Magsx

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 18 Sep 2004 06:57

On the back of a GCSE revision book near the price label. Do not tumble dry!!

Annabel

Annabel Report 18 Sep 2004 10:41

Remove spectacles before applying. spray the solution once on both side of the lens and wipe immediately with a dry cloth. makes me smile each day ANN

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 18 Sep 2004 11:53

Light Blue touch paper , and retire immediately.......why? I wasnt tired, and was still young.......Bob

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Sep 2004 13:34

Council Official Notice outside public toilets at Elie Harbour, Fife---------------'No dumping!'

Steph

Steph Report 18 Sep 2004 13:42

Bill Bryson on 'grumpy old men' last night said he spotted on a bleach bottle ' not to be used as a beverage'. 'pity' said Bill, 'that puts an end to my nightcap of a rum & Domestos'!!!