General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Newbies say hello! (Scroll Down)

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 17 Sep 2004 23:01

I thought a thread for new people would be good. If you are too shy of can't find a topic which appeals to you, then just use your first post to introduce yourself to the rest of us.

Joy

Joy Report 17 Sep 2004 23:04

I am a "Full member Until 13 Apr 05" so am relatively a newbie - to here. Joy

Debi Coone

Debi Coone Report 17 Sep 2004 23:05

When do you stop being a newbie? I think I'm a newbie and my membership is up for renewal for SUNDAY EEK!! Hello everyone *wave* Much happiness Debi

Daniel

Daniel Report 17 Sep 2004 23:08

I suppose people who have been here less than a month is `new`

Joy

Joy Report 17 Sep 2004 23:10

Oh, I am very unnew then. Dan, got your picture in the paper yet? Joy

Daniel

Daniel Report 17 Sep 2004 23:13

Nearer the time of publication of the article. Octoberish. However, the picture's can be found at: http://www*thisiswirral*co.uk/wirral/globe080904_gallery/pages/daniellongman2*html (Should have got my hair cut!)

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 18 Sep 2004 08:44

Hello Newbies, Oldbies, and those in between!, This is a friendly place to be, with a variety of threads and topics to join in with if you wish!, and there is always someone on hand to help with ..well, almost anything!. Chris. Looking for Wrights,Smiths,(Fowlmere, foxton ,Ashdon,Thriplow, Cambs), and Heads,Cambs, Moule,Cambs, and Robson, London!..

Poolie Girl

Poolie Girl Report 18 Sep 2004 08:49

Ohmygod! I have just checked my membership - full member until 20 Aug 2005. I'm a newbie! I can't be; I don't believe it; well it certainly FEELS like I've been doing this forever. luv & light to all Beth :)

June

June Report 18 Sep 2004 08:58

Nice idea Dan, pity someone has put an extended line to make it look blank when its first opened.

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Sep 2004 10:29

HI Daniel. I have only been a member for 3 months and I cant thank some people enough for the help they have given me. You only have to look at the boards and see where help is offered by the many member on this site, You dont have to be afraid to join in a thread, and you are always made welcome. I try to help with Aussie sites when queries come this way, and hope I can repay a little for the kindness shown me. Keep up the good work Mary in Sydney

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 18 Sep 2004 11:31

gosh i must be a newbie to im hear till 7th aug 2005 woohoo graet site

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 18 Sep 2004 11:40

Why? Daniel.......If you had any more cut off, you might be bald........Styled, yes.... Bob you look quite respectable, for a teenager....

Saz

Saz Report 18 Sep 2004 13:05

I've only been a member for a few weeks and I just wanna say thanks so much to all those who've helped me. This site is full of lovely & some slightly mad (I include myself) people but all with the same passion for genealogy - sometimes I think we're all just frustrated detectives (Morse or Miss Marple) but with less nasty bits to deal with. I love the fact that there's always someone to find, or places to go or records offices/churches/gravestones to visit. Thanks again to all that have helped. I'm looking forward to helping out when I become an "Oldbie" Sarah NB - Thanks Daniel for a great thread.

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 18 Sep 2004 14:16

Hi. I joined in July and have found lost relatives. I'm not one for saying much but I do enjoy reading other people's comments. I am hooked. Carolyn

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 18 Sep 2004 16:03

Hi to Newbies and Oldies. I myself am an oldie. I joined within the first week of GC back in November 2002. Have fun! Jacky :-)

☼♥Missy

☼♥Missy Report 18 Sep 2004 20:55

I've been a member for a couple of years but it's only in the past month that I have been reading the message boards. Now I am addicted to them. I love the diverse threads and all the different opinions. Elfx

The Hrt Man

The Hrt Man Report 18 Sep 2004 21:28

hello everybody we are newbies as well and i agree with everyone else for info a chat loads of laughs (ask linda)a nice friendly site members till march 05

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Sep 2004 21:59

Hiya -Sorry l am a very oldie - l've been a member since about April 2003,thought l had joined a yr before,but could'nt have it was'nt here!!!!! feel as if l have been here forever - and yes its very addictive:o) Very unique as well,even though we have other sites now that are brill,this was the first that l know of where you can chat like we do and where we have created a community of very caring peeps!!!!:o) Jude sarf wales

Guinevere

Guinevere Report 19 Sep 2004 10:33

Hi, The best advice I can give newbies is to read the excellent articles in the resource centre on Getting Started. A lot of basic questions are answered there. And I would give them a Wealth Warning - this is not a cheap hobby! Gwynne