General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

George

George Report 18 Sep 2004 10:43

It does make me wonder why some people bother to post on "trying to find" or indeed post their family tree when they don't bother to answer emails either asking for information or giving it. It only take a few seconds to reply one way or the other George

Wendy

Wendy Report 18 Sep 2004 15:31

Hi George Know what you mean. It's really annoying when that happens. I'm waiting at the moment for a number of replies from messages I've sent and I just keep thinking about all the information that the other people could be missing out on by not replying, even if it's to say they are not interested. I always make a point of sending a reply, even when there looks like no connection whatsoever. I keep a records just in case I come across anything in the future to pass on. Have had some very good replies and been able to exchange information, someone who couldn't help me gave me the name of someone else and that proved very beneficial. So, it is a case of win some, loss some. Cheers Wendy