General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

why keep asking ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 19 Sep 2004 16:11

i keep getting the same person asking me to give them permission to veiw my tree only the person she's reserching is dead & my gran is very much alive she's asked the same question 3 times why?

Phoenix

Phoenix Report 19 Sep 2004 18:16

Having downloaded a gedcom version, I did not see the notice warning me about entering living people, but I would not dream putting the living onto a site, no matter how secure I am assured it is. My relatives are not interested in family history and would resent their details being revealed. The dead can't be hurt and fellow researchers would be extremely foolish to take my trees on trust without checking back to original records, so anyone can look at them. Brenda

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 19 Sep 2004 18:48

I have had 2 messages from someone asking to be allowed to view my tree. I asked them why they were interested and whether they thought there might be a connection. The same person also asked for a lookup and acknowledged it but has ignored my enquiry! When a message is sent by the 'new' method, there is a box under the message space that is checked for request to view tree. Perhaps some people are not seeing enough of the screen to see that message so have not been unchecking the box. Jacky