General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

cardio vision op does anyone know anything about i

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 20 Sep 2004 21:23

hiya my mam in law is having it done tomorrow(she is 84) and is very frightened i would be glad of some info thanks

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 20 Sep 2004 22:11

one last try

Christine2

Christine2 Report 20 Sep 2004 22:19

Hi Sandra. I have just searched for Cardio Vision Operation and found Cardio Optics, which I think may be what you are looking for. It seems to be a new way of looking through blood with laser for non invasive diagnostic and surgical procedures. Hope this helps. Chrissie

Christine2

Christine2 Report 20 Sep 2004 22:21

Sorry, just read David's reply. His sounds the more likely. Chrissie

Julia

Julia Report 20 Sep 2004 22:51

Hi Sandra My hubby has had Cardioversion done twice. It was only a day visit to the hospital but then his younger then your mum. Apart from being hungary it was painless and he was comfortable.When he got home he said he could eat a scabby horse!. He was a bit sore the next day so had a bit of TLC Mum will be well looked after try not to worry Julia

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 20 Sep 2004 23:06

hiya my friends and thank you for your replies david i think you have got it right my mam in law could have misheard she has been my mam in law for 37 yrs and she is a diamond not a bad word for anyone wish there was a lot more like her once again thanks xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Sep 2004 00:15

hi sandra,just seen your thread...please tell the lady,not to worry...its a simple procedure,age is of no concern..she will need to rest afterwards for a day or two,and then she will feel years younger. best wishes,my friend....bryan.

Julia

Julia Report 21 Sep 2004 09:00

Sandra Give mum in law my best wishes for this morning Julia xx

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 21 Sep 2004 09:12

Hi Sandra, please don't worry, my dad had this done about two years ago he was then 73. He went into hospital at 8am and was home again by 4pm he was fine. He has other problems but as far as his heart is concerned all is well, worked a treat. Sue

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 21 Sep 2004 22:14

hiya to all who replied thank you my mam in law had it done but they tried 3 times but it was not a sucess but she is in good spirits she just wants to come home tomorrow as the ward she is on is as she puts it "full of old women" and she is 84 lol once again thank you xxx

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 21 Sep 2004 22:49

Sandra A cardioversion is a procedure to restore a regular heart rhythm. Under a general anaesthetic, an electric shock is applied to the chest wall. Your mam need not be frightened. She will be well cared for. I am the Hon. Secretary of a cardiac support group and have lots of informative little booklets. If you would like me to send you some, so that you may be better informed of what goes on and what help is available, e-mail me direct with your postal address and I will get a selection off to you. Len