General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any lovely Northerners who can help me?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bec

Bec Report 21 Sep 2004 13:16

Hello! Just wondered if anyone knows about places called Mellor, Marple and Strines? Think Mellor was in Derbyshire but may now be classified in Cheshire? Any help appreciated Thanks BECXXX

Wendy

Wendy Report 21 Sep 2004 13:44

Hi John all three place names Mellor, Marple and Strines are in what is known now or then Stockport, they form a close triangle to each other. I am not in to geography just lucky enough to have Autoroute included in my computer package. Have also wsent this as a message just incase you don't get here that often. Hope it helps Wendy

Here

Here Report 21 Sep 2004 14:01

Hi John Wendy is right that they come under Stockport, but part of Strines also comes under High Peak, just to confuse you. I only live a mile or two from all three if you want something looking at. Jx