General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

becoming a vegetarian.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Sep 2004 15:08

after seeing a programme last night about lamb which was unfit for human consumption i am considering going veggie.with the B.S .E scandal they were saying you could get B.S.E from lamb.the meat was not stamped or checked by an inspector and was being transported to restaurants around the country.so when you decide to have any thing lamb.think again!!!xxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Sep 2004 15:15

If you beleive everything you see, every scare story, you wouldn't eat anything. personally I couldnt be a veggie - I can't imagine going without roast lamb, chicken and bacon sarnies !

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 21 Sep 2004 15:15

But you'll suffer from terrible wind..... husband is a veggie.... and one of the things I don't miss is his farting!! lol!!

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Sep 2004 15:16

paul after seeing that i wouldn't touch lamb again.xxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Sep 2004 15:20

well I didn't see it, so I'm safe :) Last week it was sausages, what next ?

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 21 Sep 2004 16:42

Would you eat lamb from a known source Lisa? We get ours from a local farmer and it is definitely better than any other I've tried.

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Sep 2004 16:44

yes if i knew it went through the right contols and inspections then yes.xxx(:

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 21 Sep 2004 16:54

i love lamb, my fave, and sausages!! i know that sasauges are really bad though...i went veggie when i was about 10, managed it for 4 months, but missed mcdonalds too much!! lol

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Sep 2004 16:56

I could quite happily never have a McDonalds again (although I don't mind them) but Bacon sarnies and roast lamb mmm am hungry now !

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Sep 2004 16:57

bacon and egg buttys with loads of brown sauce.yum yum!xxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Sep 2004 16:59

indeed, although I have to say it's ketchup for me if there's an egg involved lol

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 21 Sep 2004 17:02

um excuse me, how dare you, its bacon, sausage and egg sarnies!!!! and yeah i agree,i can go without maccies now, but back when i was a short fat little munch machine, i couldnt!!! lol

Lisa

Lisa Report 21 Sep 2004 17:03

with a dollop of daddies brown!!xxxx(:

Sandra

Sandra Report 21 Sep 2004 17:08

thank goodness its nearly dinner time, i'm hungry now,all this talk of food, as for all the food scare mongering, i eat what i want when i want, your a long time dead. Occassionally i do eat just veggies but i do enjoy my meat. I think you have to become a veggie for your own personal reasons, and i have a few books that i use too when i have friends that are a round.for a meal lol sandra

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 21 Sep 2004 17:40

lisa, you can't go veggie, me and paul own a butchers shop and all out meat is traceable,if you use a butcher you can always ask to see the info.don't stop eating lamb its my favourite--yum!! don't let one bit of news scare you after all you'd go to hospital if you needed to and look at all the stories about mrsa, karen

Tabby

Tabby Report 22 Dec 2004 13:06

I have been veggie all my life (60years) and have never had any serious illness; I had a 9 lb baby at the grand age of 43, so not eating meat has never done me any harm. Because I have never acquired the taste for meat I don’t like a lot of the products that try to simulate its flavour. I must say it’s a lot easier to get products for vegetarian’s these days.

Bec

Bec Report 22 Dec 2004 13:39

I used to be a demi-vegetarian because I didn't like the taste of meat. I'm still not overly keen on it and if eating out I'll usually go for a fish or vegetarian dish. I never cook meat at home. becx

Merlin

Merlin Report 22 Dec 2004 14:04

Lisa,be very careful what you do,there are already complaints about the holes in the "Ozone Layer" please don,t make an extra contribution to them. Hal.

Lisa

Lisa Report 22 Dec 2004 14:18

still eating meat for my dinner.turkey this saturday will be on the menu.failed miserablyxxxxx(: