General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wrong Certs.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 21 Sep 2004 16:38

I have just read two entries where members have bought the wrong Certs. We have no way of seeing these have we before we buy. This is what puts me off buying sight unseen it can be an expensive mistake at £7 a time.A lot of money is being made out of us by the various sites for research, I think we deserve to see before we buy. I know we can then copy down info and that is why they don't do it,but those of us who are interested in having the certs as proof don't mind paying for what we know is correct. The certs are important. Rose

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 21 Sep 2004 17:44

If you are not 100% certain you have the right one, you can pay an extra £3 for ONS to 'search' ie check that it is, based on your info.............if it's the wrong one, you just pay the £3.