General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

THE ULTIMATE FRUIT CAKE (if you dare )

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 21 Sep 2004 22:45

This recipe was sent to me i thought it quite funny just thought i would share it with you all 1 Cup of Water 1 Cup of granulated Sugar 4 Large eggs 1 Cup of Butter or Margarine 2 Cups of dried fruit 1 Teaspoon of baking soda 1 teaspoon of salt 1 cup of dark brown sugar Lemon juice 1 Cup of mixed nuts 1 GALLON OF WHISKEY Sample the whiskey for quality,take a large bowl, check the quality of the whiskey again checking it is of the highest quality, pour 1 level cup and drink, Repeat . Turn on the electric mixer beat i cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl add 1 teaspoon sugar beat again , Make sure the whiskey is still ok ,try another cup, turn off the mixer. Break 2 eggs and add the bowl chuck in some more sugar and the fruit ,turn on mixer if the fruit get stuck to the beater pry it loose with a screwdriver, again check whiskey for quality again, Next sif the lemon juice and strain your nuts add 1 tablespoon of sugar or something,whatever you can find. Grease the oven, turn the cake tin to 350 degrees, dont forget to beat up the turner, throw bowl out the window, check whiskey again. And go to bed Whoo the hell likes fruit cake anyway

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 21 Sep 2004 22:54

Definitely one for the xmas cake, ha ha!.

badger

badger Report 22 Sep 2004 15:36

very good Margaret,i must print this one off.If i tried that recipe i wouldn,t be able to find the oven ,much less bake it .lolFred.ptfg.

Rosemary

Rosemary Report 22 Sep 2004 16:46

This sounds a bit like my Grandfathers cold remedy. Take a candle, and a bottle of whisky. Light the candle, and Drink the whisky until you can see two candles, then go to bed. Not bad for a teetotaller! Think I'd need to be in bed first though, Rosemary(Essex)

Lisa

Lisa Report 22 Sep 2004 16:56

margaret like the whiskey bit.might have to try that one.or get my daughter to make it.seem as she's better than mexxx(: