General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why can't arguments be kept private?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gerry

Gerry Report 21 Sep 2004 23:26

Time and time again I read threads which degenerate into arguments between two or three people. Can I suggest that such arguments should be conducted by email between the combatants and not in public. Lets keep the boards FRIENDLY. :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))0

Cougarjo

Cougarjo Report 21 Sep 2004 23:28

We'll have to start inviting Jerry Springer on these boards soon!! Joanne

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Sep 2004 23:29

Gerry you have a point and I do agree with you, even though I've been involved in some of the arguements recently. I'd prefer to settle things amicably wheer possible. But I won't stay quiet if a friend is being treated unfairly.

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Sep 2004 23:35

Another problem, sadly, is that when you mail people individually, they sometimes then say taht you have sent them "nasty emails" even when there was nothing untoward in them.

Crista

Crista Report 21 Sep 2004 23:36

I'm coming to the conclusion that this General Topics Board be removed. Either that, or GR insist all threads are genealogy related. Initially this board was a feedback board for GR but the theme got changed at people's requests. The problems/fights only seem to start on the threads that have nothing to do with genealogy. Crista

Gerry

Gerry Report 21 Sep 2004 23:37

Whoooooopppssss We haven't got an argument going here have we? Oh Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!

Gerry

Gerry Report 21 Sep 2004 23:46

Coooeee Donna XX

Crista

Crista Report 21 Sep 2004 23:57

Marion, This thread was perfectly friendly until you replied. You seem to be looking for a fight because I'm not telling anyone what to do. I'm just making observances on the problems and I wasn't rude or hostile. What fault are you finding in that? You've just reinforced my case that fights start on the non genealogy threads. If YOU want to debate this further then take note of the title of this thread. Crista

Gerry

Gerry Report 22 Sep 2004 00:06

Good grief Marion & Crista!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It must be something in the air tonite. I trust you 2 have gone private :-)))))

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 22 Sep 2004 00:14

Who's 'we'? I thought these boards were for anyone to join in, not just the 'gang' (whoever they may think they are) Also, could you please tell me who the elite 'we' are,(sad souls) who time when others join the boards, so I don't interfere with a 'private' public board. maggie

Crista

Crista Report 22 Sep 2004 01:13

Marion, Like I said, YOU were the one who started this argument by getting personal and hostile. In your terms, you "threw the first mud". I was agreeing with Gerry. I'm talking about this whole board, not his thread. No need to be so uncivil if you don't agree with me. Crista

Gerry

Gerry Report 22 Sep 2004 01:16

*************** STOP ***************

Gerry

Gerry Report 22 Sep 2004 01:22

Bye Marion