General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tit for tat

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shan

Shan Report 22 Sep 2004 03:05

There was a time i enjoyed geneaology, i enjoyed this site and the people on it. You know my son came home today beaten up. why?cause we live in a road full of smalll minded people tit for tat,im going do to you what you done to me. Is there not anyone anymore here on this site that can sit down and say (bloody hell) thats me. good god maybe i should take notice of my life and let others live as i wish to live. not to be the one to make nasty commments. I dont expect a reply to this thread, just a thought about what has been going on in the last couple of months.If this site has problems and loses members it's the fault of the members Shan

badger

badger Report 22 Sep 2004 07:11

I,m sorry to hear about your son Shan and hope he isn,t badly hurt,it is a sad world we live in to be sure, My wife and i are glad to be moving because of these so called incidents,don,t get me wrong ,the neighbours are great but they argue with people when out on the town ,and the people involved come round later on and throw a couple of bricks at the wrong house,yep ,our house ,and we have to replace windows at our expense.You arn,t on your own lass,not by a long way ,try to rise above it and make sure you dont join the same idiots you are complaining about.Fred.ptfg.

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 22 Sep 2004 07:37

With what has been going on in the last couple of months and as recently as 2 nights ago, why start another thread along these lines?? Everything is now settled. Leave it be. I am sorry to hear about your son and I hope it sorts itself out.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 22 Sep 2004 08:56

I live by the rule that I treat people how I want to be treated.... if we all followed that then maybe the world would be a nicer place! I do hope your son is ok now!!

Sue Lambrini Smith

Sue Lambrini Smith Report 22 Sep 2004 09:08

hi shan, i agree with diana.and before i type anything i always ask myself if i would be happy to say 'whatever' to someone with a room full of people listening. it always makes me think twice, and perhaps rephrase, so no one is offended. and i know what you mean about neighbours ! last night i had to bring a young girl [and her 2 babies] into my house because her boyfriend {!} was attacking her outside my drive. as i brought her in to the garden, he grabbed one of the little boys, and ran off. so i ended up with the police at my house. it would have to be an evening when hubby was working late and both my big lads were out ! when the police left with her, i did wonder if my windows would survive the evening ! luckily i have 2 very large rottweillers- so they had the run of the house till hubby got back at 9 . lol sue.

Speedy

Speedy Report 22 Sep 2004 14:26

Hi all, the best way to avoid any bitching I have found is to not reply to the thread, if you feel the need, try to make you answer a positive one, remember you can't please all the people all of the time only some of the people some of the time...try to stay happy :))) Bev

Shan

Shan Report 22 Sep 2004 19:09

Thankyou all for the concern as regards my son, he is bruised and sore and cant walk to good but, in general he in himself is fine. To Jacky without starting another war, i posted this thread not to get at anyone,(far from it) but just to try and get people to realise what they are doing to each other including me. I am far from perfect and will stand up and be counted. With no offence to anyone Regards Shan