General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry x 2

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 23 Sep 2004 01:32

Hi, I was surprised that you have to subscribe to the american ancestry site even if you already subscribe to the uk one! Do any of you subscribe to the american one please?

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 23 Sep 2004 01:43

Karen, I subscribe to the American one. Not with Ancestry though, with Genealogy. Not sure if they cover the same things. Pat

Pat

Pat Report 23 Sep 2004 02:02

Karen, I have Ancestry UK and tried the US Census (just the free trial 14 day thing) I thought it was good if you have more rellies that side of the Atlantic no good for me though as I have very few so I cancelled, just before the sub finished, I found it interesting all the same, I was even tempted to keep it going, but thought after I am paying enough with what I have. You could get lost for days on Ancestry if you know how to use it it pays. Recently there has been a lot of posts about this site I am now wondering why??? Its been brilliant for me and I am now starting to feel like a free advertisement for them??? I don't mean to I just am very happy with them. Pat x

Minnehik

Minnehik Report 23 Sep 2004 02:22

I am in Canada and have used Ancestry for years. There are several different subscriptions and I only subscribe to the UK /Europe section as there are no family members in the States. I haven't looked at the Ancestry.UK but I imagine that it is the same as what I get. You would therefore not be ahead to purchase subs. to both. There is, as you say, masses of sruff on Ancestry and lots of it I can access even when it is not UK related. The Ancestry people are extremely helpful - when my sub was coming up for renewal a couple of weeks ago they phoned me three weeks prior to check whether I wanted to change anything and if it was working for me.

Karen

Karen Report 24 Sep 2004 18:26

Thanks for replying, any one else got any tips please?

Karen

Karen Report 26 Sep 2004 23:21

nudge please