General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

(H)otmail

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lily

Lily Report 24 Sep 2004 18:06

Has anyone else noticed that e-mails are taking up to twelve hours to be processed/sent to recipients? If (H)otmail doesn't get its act together, I shall be switching to another provider, the idea of e-mailing is that messages get to the other end within a few mins isn't it?

CaronM86

CaronM86 Report 24 Sep 2004 18:07

I havent found this, What i've found is that sometimes my messages dont get sent at all

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 24 Sep 2004 18:10

Dilys, Thanks for that, I have been having a go at someone because there emails are taking 12 hours to get to me and I was blaming them, and saying they had a c**p comupter and server!. Need to send apologies now! Kim

Lily

Lily Report 24 Sep 2004 18:17

Kim - it was only because a friend asked me what I was doing up at the crack of dawn (from a message sent to her the night before) that I realised why our son had not replied to something important - he was still waiting for the question!

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 24 Sep 2004 18:32

Cheers Dilys, Looks like 'grovel' time! Kim x

Lily

Lily Report 25 Sep 2004 15:07

Now taking two days to get a message - what's going on?!!

Gerry

Gerry Report 25 Sep 2004 15:22

Dilys et al I find it varies considerably, from minutes to 12 hours (a couple of days ago). Don't know what the reason is for the patchy service. Such is life Gerry