General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Me and Me Dog........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Sep 2004 15:22

Hello - bet some of you are woundering whats happened to me dog!!! Well unfortunately Lady mark 2 did'nt work out,she was soooooo intent on catching Fat Cat that we had to take her back after a week.Its thought she was probably a farm dog (came from Ireland as a stray) and would never have settled as an indoor pet.Soooooo - we then took ourselves off to Newport RSPCA and as his 10 days quarentene was up today we picked him up and he's sitting down stairs now with hubby - he was here at my feet just now but the sounds in the kitchen disturbed him!:o) He's a sort of Labrador,Springer cross - gawd knows what else.Mostly white with a blackish brown head and some black flecks. His name is Madoc and he's 3 and half yrs old.When he picks up a toy he gets so excited and talks to you with tail wagging like fury,such a happy chappy he's had me in tears already:o))))) Happy tears though!!!!! lol He sits,sort of stays,but pulls quite abit at present - we will work on that later. Whooops he's just come in the pooter room talking so excitedly, whoooosh gone again!!!! :o)))) lol First meeting with Fat Cat was abit hairy - cat did a bunk through cat flap - but we have worked on it with hot dogs!!!!! yeh - the house check lady suggested them - give him tinny winny bits(half the size of little finger nail,very fattening) every time you get his attention away from cat - already the cat is more relaxed - phew thank god for that!!!!! oh bummmmm - the cat had just come up the stairs talking to me in his very strange meow that he has and the dog came up and frightened him - the dog did'nt do anything,just his presence and them both being on the same level - never mind,it will all be sorted in time. Jude sarf wales xx

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 25 Sep 2004 15:29

Aaah bless Jude! Sounds like he is very happy and glad to have a home wiv you by the way he is talking to you all the time :) Nowt more rewarding than giving a good loving home to a deserving pet ..... Have fun and plenty of energetic walks LOl :) xxxx

Sandra

Sandra Report 25 Sep 2004 15:48

hi jude sounds like madoc has made himself right at home, i hope it all goes well for you. I had to make a hard decision this week about sheba my german shepherd, she's 5 in october, and my arthritus and back are not good, so its hard to walk her, so the begining of next week she is going to a new home, a friend i have known for 4 years is going to take her, he lives near the countryside and woods, so she'll get the long walks everyday she needs and his kids will adore her they can't wait and i'll still be able to see her once she has settled in. I'm upset about it but it breaks my heart to see her looking out the window, watching the other dogs go past, i have a very big garden but its just not enough. sandra

Julia

Julia Report 25 Sep 2004 16:01

Hi Jude It was soo good to read about you and Madoc really hope all goes well for you. I cant begin to imagine how Sandra must feel. We cant walk Koyli any more but then shes quiet happy about that. She loves to come out the front garden with me and watch the world go by. All the neighbours love her and come to say hello and she has a way of making each one think their spiecal. Shes not doing to badly at the moment I feel sure all those prayers for her helped. Keep up the boards Jude and let us know how things are going Julia

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 25 Sep 2004 16:01

Hi, Jude - that's great news, and hope cat and Madoc will become friends in the future. All our best wishes to all of you. And Sandra, it takes guts to do what you've done. Thinking of what's best for your dog. Obviously yours is well loved, and you're doing something completely unselfish. All best wishes to you, too. Glenys xx

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 25 Sep 2004 16:12

Oh Sandra - tears are pricking my eyes. You poor thing, what a decision to have to make even if it is for the best, it's heartbreaking, but at least you will still be able to see her.. Be brave - chin up girl :)) Anne xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Sep 2004 16:50

Thanks everyone - l feel so much more positive about him:o) Julia - Koyli sounds very content,give him a hug from us:o) Sandra - can't imagine what your going through, l feel for you,but a very brave and l would say correct decision. When we took Lady(2) back the other week it was hubby who had to do it cause l was at work(fortunately),but l did'nt get as upset as l thought l would,we had only had her a week and l knew it was right for her. l know you'll be upset,but its right for your dog and you,and you will be able to find out how she's doing - keep your chin up:~)) jude sarf wales

Sandra

Sandra Report 25 Sep 2004 18:27

Jude & Everyone thankyou for your kind words, i know its for the best, she deserves to be able to run around and have long walks, and i know she will be happy in her knew home, as she loves children. lol sandra

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust***

***Julie*Ann***.sprinkling fairydust*** Report 25 Sep 2004 19:31

jude nice to read about your new resident, madoc we got our molly from newport, she was just a little pup, quietest of the litter and wouldnt come out till she was coaxed from her cage. that was 7 years ago and shes still scared of everything, bags on the floor, rustling things in the wind, she thinks everyone who goes past the house is a visitor for her . her favourite visitor is grandad,(my dad) if i say to the kids yers grandad she runs to the door going mad. i hope you have as much love from madoc as we get from molly. shes supposed to be a jack russell cross. but theres not much in her. sandra i will be thinking of you next week i wont say no more on it as its too much for you im sure

Unknown

Unknown Report 25 Sep 2004 22:49

Hi Julie - l could have come home with all of em,as soon as l walk in there my eyes water. Madoc has been limping quite badly bless - before his original owners had him he was in a road traffic accident,they took him on from the vets cause he was'nt claimed - he has quite a big scar on back leg - he has done so much charging around here today,trying to follow me and then back downstairs to be with hubby,that l think he has done tooooo much - so no walk tonight,just the back garden and a very very short one in morning and see how it is - vets on Monday if necessary.He's fast asleep right now, exhausted and Fat Cat is here with me, l put a blanket on the table up here,he's flat out as well. Yeh l am sure he will give us so much love and fun, he has already in less than 24 hrs.Hope you have many more to come. Jude sarf wales

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 26 Sep 2004 08:47

Sounds like your'e all having some fun there, great name Madoc! (is it anything to do with Portmadoc!, being nosey again!..). So sorry to read your sad news Sandra, as you say it will be for the best, (just doesn't make it any easier). A terrible thing that arthritis.

Fairy

Fairy Report 26 Sep 2004 11:46

I'm glad you have another dog and it seems to be working out this time. I'm going to get another dog for me at some point, something small for me. Like Sandra we have a big Labrador called Nelly who I just can't manage. I've spent hours training her and she's very well behaved until she see's someone and goes berserk with me hanging onto the other end of the lead. John is the only one who takes her out now and having a little dog would be good for her to play with. Jo.