General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Trek training starts tomorrow...

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 25 Sep 2004 21:18

Going to do an hour tomorrow..... getting the blister plasters before I start and have my waterproof jacket at the ready.... Final stop of the walk is going to be the pub where I am going to have a number of glasses of red wine..... Then Monday night I have another hour booked with a friend of mine who has given himself the title of training partner.... his wife suggested it as she thinks he needs to get fit again.... see what I have started!! ;O) Thanks to everyone for their support.... so far we've raised just under £700.... which is an amazing start to the fundraising..... Thanks again.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 25 Sep 2004 22:11

thanks chick..... you've made me feel so much better about those steps!! LOL

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 26 Sep 2004 08:56

Hello Diana, Hoping things are better for you today. Good luck with the training, don't overdo it now!!. Didn't like to ask yesterday how Granma's 100th birthday went?..

Sandra

Sandra Report 26 Sep 2004 11:21

good luck with the training di lol sandra

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 26 Sep 2004 11:27

You lot are so making me feel better..... NOT!! Just how hard it will be will depend on the blisters.... I mena training that i do.... I am fortunate to live in a place that had lots of different terrains within a mile of my home so guess I best get to know them well!! :O)

LindaMcD

LindaMcD Report 26 Sep 2004 16:18

These boots are made for walking and thats what Diana will do!! Linda x

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 26 Sep 2004 19:35

So the monkeys aren't going to be the worst bit of the trek.... looks like the damn steps are going to be the killer!! Someone has suggested that I pee on my feet, someone else said soak them in surgical spirit to toughen them up and prevent blisters.... Hmmmm.... given the choice I think I'll go for the surgical spirit!!

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 27 Sep 2004 08:50

I hope you don't live in a bungalow Diane. My sister-in-law did a charity walk on the wall last year and she said it is a killer on your calf muscles. I think you are great doing it good luck. Plenty of step ups in your training Rose

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 27 Sep 2004 09:51

I think I am going to do some trips to the gym too and get on the stepper machine nearer the time..... I think you lot are trying to scare me now!! But trust me I am scared enough as it is!! LOL!!

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 27 Sep 2004 12:49

go for it pinky!!! -x-x-x-