General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Donny Osmond is No 8 in the charts!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 27 Sep 2004 14:46

Wow. That's amazing. Has anyone heard "Breeze On By" yet?

Fairy

Fairy Report 27 Sep 2004 14:50

Yes, he was on 'Loose Women' a couple of weeks ago. (Channel 3, 1pm everyday) I remember him as a qauky little kid, a bit overweight, but now.........WOW! Jo.

John

John Report 27 Sep 2004 14:52

What's Breeze on by like then?

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 27 Sep 2004 14:59

Nearly posted this on here last night,John, couldn't believe it when I read it, do you think the rest of the Osmonds will be following shortly?..

Jane

Jane Report 27 Sep 2004 15:16

As a teenager I quite liked the Osmonds but was more a Jackson 5 fan. Now they've all grown up I know who I'd rather have! Donny has just grown better looking and has a great personality to match. No comment on Michael Jackson! Jane

John

John Report 27 Sep 2004 15:29

Just heard it on Radio 2 - sounds GOOD!

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 27 Sep 2004 15:31

Wonder what happened to sister Marie?, paper roses paper roses!..

Lisa

Lisa Report 27 Sep 2004 15:35

still good for his age.not a bad looking man and he can still churn out hits.xxxx(:

Sandra

Sandra Report 27 Sep 2004 15:58

hi john its nice to see him back in the charts, he was one of my idols as a teenager, and has got better over the years, and he is so nice and down to earth, a long marriage and 5 nice kids what more could he have asked for. lol sandra

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 27 Sep 2004 16:54

Good for Donny, and to think my old Dad said back in the 70's "The pop stars nowadays are not like Perry Como and Frank Sinatra,who've stood the test of time. In thirty years time no-one'll know who Donny Osmond is" I think he got that one wrong! LOL Christine

Daniel

Daniel Report 27 Sep 2004 16:55

Donny who?

Steph

Steph Report 27 Sep 2004 18:22

Not just Donny in the top 40 this week!! Also Brian Wilson (beach boys), Mark Knofler (Dire Straits) and Paul McCartney!! Think the radio 2 listeners have been spending their pennies in the record shops this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!Steph ;-)) (still listening to Radio 1!)

Helen in Kent

Helen in Kent Report 27 Sep 2004 19:22

Donna, I was at Leeds Castle too! I thought he was great and it was a really professional show! I went to the Royal Variety Show in Edinburgh last year where Donny sang with his brothers and they got a standing ovation. All the Osmonds except Donny were on our plane to Edinburgh and at the airport they were brilliant with the fans. I said to my kids who were with us that that showed real stardom, still being nice to the people who wanted to see them. Also had Rachel Stevens on our plane and Amanda Holden but they were far too important to be friendly......