General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Click tops and ring pulls

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 27 Sep 2004 15:33

Another example of the Nanny state which has been with us for some time is the click tops on practically everything which goes in the kitchen or bathroom. Click tops are great for protecting small children from swallowing the contents of the bleach bottle etc, But we should have a choice, to buy or not to buy click tops. You see as you get older you get arthritis in finger joints and these click tops are the very devil to cope with. There is also no conformity to the method of opening ,some you squeeze and some you push down and turn and I struggle and struggle and then my grandson aged 4 says "I'll do that Gran" !!!! So what is the point-Rose Oh Yes - Ring pulls, I can't do them at all

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 27 Sep 2004 15:41

Some of those cough mixture ones are hard to undo, along with some ordinary jam-jars, always resort to putting an elastic band round the lid!.

John

John Report 27 Sep 2004 15:43

I keep a pair of marigolds handy for glass jars!

Lisa

Lisa Report 27 Sep 2004 15:44

rosemary i agree.if a parent wants bleach then they should have it safely locked away.a child can still injure themselves or swallow a number of products which have no safety tops or lids in place.xxxxx(:

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 27 Sep 2004 15:48

I always had a locking cupboard for both bathroom and kitchen ,with five under 4 you needed eyes in the back of your knees - Rose

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 27 Sep 2004 15:48

I always had a locking cupboard for both bathroom and kitchen ,with five under 4 you needed eyes in the back of your knees - Rose

Sandra

Sandra Report 27 Sep 2004 15:53

hi rosemary they are a pain aren't they, what makes me laugh is the fact that my morphine tablets are in a blister pack, and they're a controlled drug, yet my herbal glucosime tablets are in a awkward bottle with a clicky lid. It doesn't make sense. lol sandra