General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I have a disabled son,this poem means a lot to me

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Wendy

Wendy Report 28 Sep 2004 11:14

At a council assembled in Heaven Where presided the Great Magistrate Came the Spirits in anticipation As they planned for their second estate Each was given his own special mission With a telent to use and display And with joy each received his assignment With instructions to keep faith and pray Now one Spirit transcended the others So outstanding in talent and grace So majestic in stature and bearing With a light in his angelic face And the Magistrate turned to address him No!Your mission is unlike the rest They are going to earth to be tested But you my son are going to test You will sift out the hearts of my people And test them for true charity What is done to the least of my children Is a measure they mete out to me You will challenge the faith of your loved ones And the stranger you meet on life's way You will undergo great tribulation And your spirit will feel deep dismay When your service on eart is completed And your message imparted to man Then as humble and pure as you left me You'll return to my presence again For a moment the Ssirit was troubled Ere the contract within he had won The he spoke "I'm willing dear Master for thy will and not mine shall be done" Now the time had come for departure And the Spirits were ready to go But one held the throne of the Father And spoke in voice sweet and low "Hold my hand so I won't be afraid Lord I'm eager to go down to earth" So with God's hand in his he departed And entered the channels of birth On a bright golden day in October All our family was radiant with joy For Heaven had sent a choice Spirit In the form of a dear baby boy How excited I was on that morning I ran to my school friends and cried "Guess what,I've a new baby brother" My small heart was bursting with pride His hair was the colour of autumn He had brown eyes and rose-coloured skin Through those eyes we were often permitted A quick glimpse of the Angel within Thus joy ingered a while in our cottage My Father would whistle a tune While Mother would scour and polish And smile at her baby and croon Happiness was short-lived in our househole For deep sorrow strolled in at the door My Father's gay whistle just faltered And Mother's sweet voice sang no more Our baby was entering boyhood and His strong body grew as it should But his mind would not function correctly And we soon knew that it never would For the rest of his life he was destined To remain a perpetual child He would laugh and then cry like a baby With emotions both subdued and wild My dear parent's dreams were now shattered Their fine hopes reverted to grief They discarded the plans for his future And their heartache could find no relief As time passed we learned to accept it We would all laugh together and play My borther was petted and pampered And usually given his way His physical growth still continued All according to natural plan His body received strength and passion While developing into a man But society must have its way now And our darling was taken away He was placed in a state institution Where the rest of his life he must stay So I prayed day and night for my brother And in mercy God answered my prayer For one night I knelt at my bedside And received inspiration while there My dear brother and those who are like him Are fulfilling a mission sublime And they will all return to the Father To receive crowns of glory,in time In the meantime they are not being tested It is we who are taking the test And in serving the least of God's children We are truly seving the best How dare we presume to neglect them And leave them alone to their fate These children should dwell in a palace And be served by mankind while they wait We should deem it a pleasure to know them And do everything that we can To comfort,love and protect them They should not be forgotten by man Even though many will shun them There are those who will bless them with love And somehow I'm sure that our actions Are now being recorded above Though I no longer fear for my brother Though I know,yet don't understand He will travel life's highway in safety For God stillis holding his hand

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Sep 2004 11:22

what a lovely poem wendy.you must be so proud to have a son that will give you joy and love in your heart.i agree your son is special and god has made him that.giving you both love and hugs and happiness in the future.god blessxxxxxxxxxxxxxx(:

Lindy

Lindy Report 28 Sep 2004 11:24

Wendy, Thank you for sharing, Beautiful, sorrowful and so very true. ((hugs)) Lindy

Wendy

Wendy Report 28 Sep 2004 11:24

I typed this in like a poem,why has it come out like this? Wendy

Lisa

Lisa Report 28 Sep 2004 11:26

could be the site again wendy.just commenting about the replys being slow at reaching the top of the screenxxxxx(:

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 28 Sep 2004 11:59

your message has lost all formatting when you start a thread. what i do is type the heading and in the box for the message put a letter or see below message. then add the thread to the board open the thread which is on the board then add reply...put your poem on there then it will be correctly formatted E x

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 28 Sep 2004 12:32

you made me cry..... thanks for that!! ;O)