General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Thought for today

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Sep 2004 12:16

See below

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Sep 2004 12:16

I ran into a stranger as he passed by, > "Oh excuse me please" was my reply. >He said, "Please excuse me too; >I wasn't watching for you." >We were very polite, this stranger and I. >We went on our way and we said good-bye. >But at home a different story is told, >How we treat our loved ones, young and old. >Later that day, cooking the evening meal, > My son stood beside me very still. >When I turned, I nearly knocked him down. > "Move out of the way," I said with a frown. >He walked away, his little heart broken. > I didn't realize how harshly I'd spoken. >While I lay awake in bed, >God's still small voice came to me and said, > "While dealing with a stranger, >common courtesy you use, > but the children you love, you seem to abuse. > Go and look on the kitchen floor, >You'll find some flowers there by the door. >Those are the flowers he brought for you. > He picked them himself: pink, yellow and blue. >He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise, > you never saw the tears that filled his little eyes." >By this time, I felt very small, >And now my tears began to fall. > I quietly went and knelt by his bed; >"Wake up, little one, wake up," I said. >"Are these the flowers you picked for me?" > He smiled, "I found 'em, out by the tree. > I picked 'em because they're pretty like you. > I knew you'd like 'em, especially the blue." >I said, "Son, I'm very sorry for the way I acted today; >I shouldn't have yelled at you that way." >He said, "Oh, Mom, that's okay. >I love you anyway." >I said, "Son, I love you too, >and I do like the flowers, especially the blue." Ann Glos >

Lisa

Lisa Report 29 Sep 2004 12:25

life,love and CURLY WHIRLIESxxxxxxxxxx(:

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 29 Sep 2004 12:47

Ann, lovely!!! i often have to think twice about the way i talk to family!-x-x-x-

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 29 Sep 2004 13:42

The words are so true..... thanks for sharing

Sandra

Sandra Report 29 Sep 2004 13:47

ANN what beautiful words, thankyou for sharing them with us lol sandra

Heather

Heather Report 29 Sep 2004 15:43

thanks ann brought a lump to my throat hevi xx

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 29 Sep 2004 17:39

Hevi where did you come from? Not seen you on here for ages. Ann Glos