General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Bringin home a new kitten - The Latest

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 29 Sep 2004 18:13

The date is fixed for Friday afternoon - I'm so excited :)) Little 'Louie' will be joining the 'clan', along with his cousin who will be named 'Jazz'......... could not face seperating them and leaving her behind - they are so funny together. The stairgate is now in place (temporarily), so that they can be segregated from the older two during the daytime. And I am now about to blitz the bedroom and bathroom, to remove any potential 'mishaps'.........Have got lots of toys; new litter trays; a cosy little bed for them to snuggle up in, and a scratching post with a little cube/house at the base - all covered in 'paw print' faux fur aahh lol......and of course - loads of food !!! I keep telling Max (15) and Coco (8) they have a new brother and sister coming - but they really dont understand - they have such a shock in store LOL their peaceful sedate existence is about to be obliterated :O Wish us luck !! :P

Carol

Carol Report 29 Sep 2004 18:17

I wish you luck, you will probably need it. Kittens are fluffy and cuddly, but have teeth and claws like little needles.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 29 Sep 2004 18:29

Thanks Strump :) Carol - tell me about it, and they are just coming into their 'biting' phase LOL :((

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 29 Sep 2004 18:44

Aah bless them!, hope they don't try to climb out of the bedroom window, like mine did1..

Maggie

Maggie Report 29 Sep 2004 19:11

Hi Anne Lucky you - I have seven beautiful cats all related from Grandad and Grandma through to Great Grandson and Gt G Daughter - kinda links in with our searches. I wish you joy with them - my lot love catnip spray - I spray it on the carpet and watch them go barmy! As for your older two don't you believe they can't understand they are probably already thinking of ways to show you how displeased they are and how to put the young ones in their place. Have a fabulous time with your new brood! I bet you have a cheshire grin! Maggie H

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 29 Sep 2004 19:32

Christine - not the window, it'll be closed - but I have no doubt that my velvet curtains and nets will pose a suitable challenge LOL Maggie - how lovely to have a feline family - my two come from two sisters who had 'early' litters 3 weeks apart! I do believe they will be going to the vets soon after the last two leave lol. Max left home for the evening when I brought Coco home - soon came back when he was hungry tho. I close the stairgate every now and then and he keeps going up for a look - I can just hear him thinking 'I know wot this is doing, but WHY??' Not sure how Coco will react - she's been my baby for 8 years now, so I expect she'll be a bit put out to start, but no doubt curious all the same.... And yes! I have a HUGE cheshire grin LOL

Sandra

Sandra Report 29 Sep 2004 19:34

i hope they like their new home, and don't have to many mishaps, lol sandra

Andy

Andy Report 29 Sep 2004 19:44

Poor you! We have had five cats, three still living and they are all dearly loved. But kittens are a blooming nuisance! When our cats first came to live with us they pulled the wallpaper off the walls, climbed the curtains and generally created mayhem. Now they are growing old and they drop hair everywhere and piss in the living room. The oldest Sylvester has cost us close to £1000 in vets bills, has no teeth and stinky breath. The youngest, Cleopatra has arthritis in her spine and is losing the use of her back legs. The middle one, Ermintrude is mostly okay but doesn't bother with washing any more. At least Marmaduke the Magic cat and Wellington four Boots are growing roses in the back garden now. They make wonderful fertiliser. So, I wish you well with your kittens, I've always said when this lot are gone no more! But I suppose that we may weaken and have maybe just one more, but probably from cats rescue, a mature cat!

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 29 Sep 2004 22:41

Hi Jean - haven't told Mum, she'll do her pieces LOL..... how daft eh? 41 yrs old and still fret about wot Mum is gonna think! I'll just let things take their natural course and introduce them on her next visit :O