General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

My gardens looks a tip

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynn

Lynn Report 30 Sep 2004 10:16

due to the fact that we are having to get our caravan into the back garden,We pay a neighbour to keep it at the rear of his house but he is moving soon. To make way for this we have to re-arrange the back garden.We took our fish pond out at the weekend and have put all the fish into my brother in laws pond Then we had to move 400 gals of water out of it (my hands are now touching my feet) Well that's out and ready to sell ( putting a smaller one in) and next step is to empty the shed as this is moving to the other side of the garden. My conservatory is getting fuller by the day...so much for all the stuff he was chucking away. And to top it all its now raining and the garden will now be a mud bath. Thank goodness the lounge overlooks the front garden as this looks nice and well kept...... so much for the bulbs I was going to plant in the back garden, may get this done one day next friday!!!!!

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 30 Sep 2004 10:22

lyn are you sure your not talking about my garden lmao we keep our caravan at mother in laws so we dont have that problem,but my garden still looks like a tip!!! hubby is one of these men,that every wife dreads,he has to be doing some improvement or another. a simple decorating job turns into a renovation!!! my hubby is also a squirrel,he wont throw anything away. hence an old standard 10 car,stuck by the side of the garage:(:( good luck with your garden hun susie

Lisa

Lisa Report 30 Sep 2004 10:29

o h well lynn.as the song goes always look on the bright side of life!xxxxxxxxxxx(:

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 30 Sep 2004 10:31

Susie Please send him round here! My husband thinks D.I.Y. stands for Don't Involve Yourself!

Unknown

Unknown Report 30 Sep 2004 10:33

I have to say my back garden is a disgrace too. Nothing major, just very tatty, grass is in dire need of cutting. There always seems something more important needs doing at the weekend though, and when I DO plan to do it, it rains ! Think I might call a gardener... I don't really have the time nor the inclination to do it myself...

Derek

Derek Report 30 Sep 2004 11:57

Lynn and you other females who suffer a messy garden, do what I did when we moved house. Buy 6 poulets, build a lean-to or chicken hutch and dig a square yard of ground each day for the poulets. They scratch and bath in this patch, eat all the nasties, dig up all the car and bike parts that have been buried for years unnoticed, cut down and eat the weeds, natural fertilizing of the soil, and if one is really lucky, fresh eggs each day, eh voila! PS If you like this idea of preparing your garden, after a year the ground will be ready and because the chickies are not very old, top 'em and freeze 'em, we curried ours, mmmmm Derek in France (origin Colchester)

Carol

Carol Report 30 Sep 2004 12:00

You obviously have not seen my lounge, I really must get off these boards and do a tidy up. I am buying and selling on an on line auction, so as well as my family history stuff piled everywhere, I also have jiffy bags, bubble wrap and parcel tape under my feet. Then I wonder why I can never find anything.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 30 Sep 2004 12:40

I've had a week off work, with great plans to do so many things...I don't seem to have done hardly anything!. Have been watching daughters e-bay things, joining in here, taking advantage of having laptop to myself, but have now got a backlog of housework, dirty windows to clean and as for the garden, well I was looking at it this morning to go out and do something, but it's absolutely pouring down!.. there's always this ironing!.

Lynn

Lynn Report 30 Sep 2004 13:51

Oh Susie, that reminds me Hubby also has and old Relaint Scimitar in the garage somewhere.....Well it was there last time I looked. The problem is, is that he loves Tools, socket sets,spanners, screwdrivers and he has so many you would think he was a mechanic, but( big BUT) he doesn't service any of his car himself.... So I keep saying why keep buying them....drives me mad. I wish he was one for DIY and maybe I would jet some of the jobs done indoors....Keep wishing....again one day next friday. Lynn

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 30 Sep 2004 14:28

lol!!! my hubby is a carpenter,but sometimes i wish he wasnt lol he always has to start something,but im still waiting for the day when he finishes it lol aww bless him,he does it with all good intentions. derek we did have ducks and chickens at one time,but the garden ended up looking like a quagmire lmao i loved my ducks though and miss them terribly:( susie

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 30 Sep 2004 14:38

But Maz, I used to be the same, but since I hit 40something, I don't know what's happened, (a lame excuse!). Help.. computer v housework!..