General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Storyline---Eastenders.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fairy

Fairy Report 1 Oct 2004 09:01

What do you think of the new family in the programme. Personally I'm disgusted. What sort of message are the BBC trying to give? The father is a complete lazy slob, the mother is a put down loud mouth fishwife, the young son is a thief and the girl at the age of fourteen is 'up the duff' also up to no good. The are probably people watching this and thinking, 'Its on the telly so it's OK to behave like this'. Jo.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 1 Oct 2004 09:34

I was a bit bemused as to why they have bought in such a scummy family, but I know they exist in most areas so they are probably only portraying reality.... although I don't find them amusing at all!!

BABZ...

BABZ... Report 1 Oct 2004 10:40

I HAVE TO WAIT 3 OR 4 YEARS BEFORE I SEE THE EPISODES YOUR TALKING ABOUT....:o) I tape it for my hubby as he thinks Mel (Tamzin Anouth) is a beauty! Hubby is a shift worker, we watch the 5 episodes on his day off. I started to watch it because of Martin Kemp (Steve) but he got 'killed' out of the show recently (yey..thats how far behind we are) We only get half an hour a day...is it true its shown in one hour episodes in the UK? ...Babz (addicted to Eastenders :o)))

BABZ...

BABZ... Report 1 Oct 2004 10:57

Yes Baz..last summer they put 1 hour a day specials on and we caught up 'a bit'. Only been watching it for 18 months, a friend has rellies in UK who send him tapes of the show, he let us borrow them. I do remember the very first ever episode back in the 80s (?) started in OZ...don't know why it stopped. We have cable, otherwise not able to watch it. also remember Lofty! ...Babz :o)))