General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any long lost friend you would like to meet up wit

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Oct 2004 21:15

just text my old boss and friend of 13 years which i haven't seen for two years and we might be meeting up to talk about old times and also meeting up with a few workmates.is there anyone that you haven't seen for a long time that you would like to see again?xxxxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 21:35

Yeah I lost touch with my mate Stuart a few years ago when he moved to Spain a few years ago. Must get round to giving him a call sometime, I do have a number...

Karen

Karen Report 1 Oct 2004 21:42

I would like to see a bloke that I went to Infants school with that I fancied, I remember us passing notes to each other in classes and him telling me that we would have 2 kids together. I saw him again about 13 years ago and he asked me out via a friend, but I had just started going out with someone and turned him down. I still regret that now :-( Michael Bienz if your out there - call me :-)

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Oct 2004 21:46

yes used to have abit of a soft spot for this man.a very long time ago thoughxxxxxx(:

Frances in Norwich

Frances in Norwich Report 1 Oct 2004 21:49

I would love to meet up with friends from my time studying nursery nursing at Ipswich Civic College in the early 70`s. Especially Philippa, Glenys and Patricia. We always said we would meet up but never did. I have tried to find them but had no luck. What a shock we would all get 30 years on - maybe it is not such a good idea!! Frances

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Oct 2004 21:51

my mum met up with her best friends at school.they hadn't seen each other for over forty yearsxxxx(:

Jane

Jane Report 1 Oct 2004 21:56

I went to my school reunion a couple of years ago. It was almost 30 years since I had last seen a lot of my friends. I was nervous before hand - especially about the school bullies. It turned out to be a really great evening. Everyone still looked the same even down to their mannerisms. I still keep in touch with quite a few of the girls who I had lost touch with. I can honestly recommend it to anyone.

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Oct 2004 22:00

love to be able to do that.would love to find my best mate at secondary school.and a few others like my childhood sweetheart.he owns a roofing firm in gosport hampshire.would love to see them all again and talk about the old timesxxxxxx(:

Karen

Karen Report 1 Oct 2004 22:03

I met up with my best friend from school the other month that I hadnt seen for 15 years - we found out that she lives literally in the next road to where I live! It was brill to see her again and we spent the whole evening talking about boys that we fancied :-) Karen

Unknown

Unknown Report 1 Oct 2004 22:07

I've been back in touch with my best friend from school, plus a few other good friends - corny, but via Friends Reunited! We email and talk on messenger regularly. I've been encouraging my son not to lose touch with friends when they start leaving school next year.

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Oct 2004 22:07

you always think that they are going to look the same when you saw them years ago but there all grown up.makes you realise that time does age youxxxxx(:

Lisa

Lisa Report 1 Oct 2004 22:10

he's probebly forgotten.i know how you feel though.i was a cow to my childhood sweetheart and he really did love and care for me.i last saw him abou 15 years ago and he was the most gorgeous bloke i had ever seen.it was then i stood back and realised that i had given up something reall good and felt like kicking myselfxxxxx(:

Fairy

Fairy Report 1 Oct 2004 22:54

Yes I would, I went to live in a hostel when I was sixteen, I had to leave suddenly and did'nt take names or addresses. I made many friends there, we were all the same age and sad creatures. I had a best friend at junior school who did find me through FR and we met up and recognised each other straight away and that was 45 years later! Jo.

Sandra

Sandra Report 2 Oct 2004 07:00

Hi Lisa 2 years ago i made contact with a school friend we hadn't seen each other for 20 years, their were four of us that were best mates, i left Brighton and they all stayed, luckily ilene new where nicki lived and had no idea where di was, the following day in a chemist queue, she heard ok my god, its been years, di was behind her. So the four of us have got together a couple of times. you would have thought we were still teenagers, it was as if we had seen each other yesterday. I have known nicki since i was 5 so 38 years and the others since 11. we have all had families and divorced, and our share of illness, but the lifetime friendship is still there. its the besst thing i ever did, when i plucked up the courage to make contact. lol sandra

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 2 Oct 2004 08:03

Oh Yes, but I can't say on the net. Rose

Steph

Steph Report 2 Oct 2004 08:52

Darren Drew!! My very first 'boyfriend' (we were about 7)! Have checked on friends reunited and although there are loads of Darren Drew's , not one from Leicestershire!! Would love just to see what he looks like now.

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 2 Oct 2004 10:24

where abouts in leicestershire and wat age cus there is one who lives near me..................... ?

Steph

Steph Report 2 Oct 2004 13:50

Not sure where he is now, Lou, but use to live in Mountsorrel, near Loughborough, would be 37 or 38.Steph x

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 2 Oct 2004 18:05

have emailed u via gc steph