General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

It's REALLY chucking it down and windy

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 4 Oct 2004 07:53

I'm glad I'm not going out this morning!

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 4 Oct 2004 08:08

No rain here near Folkestone. Really wild and windy though.

Mags

Mags Report 4 Oct 2004 08:10

It's been lashing down with gale force winds all night here. Not good for getting any sleep! Magsx

Unknown

Unknown Report 4 Oct 2004 08:53

Yep, same in Somerset, gales and torrential rain. I haven't got to go out today thank goodness - no school bus run as son is on work experience (indoors today luckily!). Mandy :(

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 4 Oct 2004 09:40

Hi, it was blowing a hooligan here earlier but has just gone dead calm - dont know if thats a good or bad sign??? I think i can see a bit of blue sky - could just be that my eyes arent properly open yet :-)

Fee

Fee Report 4 Oct 2004 10:04

Its absolutely pouring here in South Yorkshire with a high wind and a nip in the air.I wish we didnt have to go out today but unfortunately its bill paying time!

The Mad House

The Mad House Report 4 Oct 2004 10:12

samr here it's really horried here

Bec

Bec Report 4 Oct 2004 10:14

Essex is wet, cold, dark and windy! I hate this country!

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 4 Oct 2004 10:20

Harlow is dark wet & windy., {Casserole weather} Elaine x

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 4 Oct 2004 10:24

Newbury is horrid..... it kept me awake until 4am and I had to get up at 7am to come to work.... can't you tell I am going to be productive today!! :O)

Christine2

Christine2 Report 4 Oct 2004 10:32

It's been wet and windy all night here in Nottingham but the sun is starting to break through and the wind is easing (better go and get the washing done!!) Chrissie

BrianW

BrianW Report 4 Oct 2004 10:32

Pretty dreadful in Essex (see John and Elaine in Harlow). The traffic through Ongar (which Elaine will know) was diabolical this morning due to the water main replacement traffic lights. Took 110 minutes on the motorbike to get to work, 20 minutes longer than usual.

Margaret

Margaret Report 4 Oct 2004 10:57

Not much better down in Kent bet the Dartford flyover is closed today, more holdups .

Lisa

Lisa Report 4 Oct 2004 11:16

john wet and windy and that's just not me.stayin in to talk to all my buddies on G.R.paul.H are you there.?xxxxx(:

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 4 Oct 2004 11:49

Forget earlier message, it's just started to rain. Thanks for sending it eastwards!