General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

our poorly cat

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Speedy

Speedy Report 5 Oct 2004 19:59

Hi all I know that you are all a friendly bunch so I am asking you all to pray for our cat..she is 16 and a half she has had a good life but is now in pussy cat hospital, she has got a liver infection and has got to stay over night as the treatment she has been having this last week has not had much effect and this is her only chance if this doesn't work then we have got to say good bye for good.. I am crying while writing this so please pray that she will get better as we love her and want her to get better.. Bev

Speedy

Speedy Report 5 Oct 2004 20:04

Thanx Christina it will be hard if we lose her but we will have the comfort knowing that she has always been well loved, that is why it is hard now for us. Bev

pinkflamingo

pinkflamingo Report 5 Oct 2004 20:06

My thoughts are with you , I have had to have 3 cats put to sleep this year because of old age. 17, 19 and 15. The comfort is they were rescue cats and I hope that I gave them a good life to the end. Christine xx

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 5 Oct 2004 20:11

Oh, how sad Beverley, Our poor cat is 10yrs, and has kidney disease, he is on special food from the vets, he drinks loads, but not tap water, only bottled water!. We didn't realise there was anything wrong. Shall be thinking of you..

Speedy

Speedy Report 5 Oct 2004 20:14

We bought ours down from the midlands when we moved down here (Devon) 8 years ago and she has been so happy here so we won't let her suffer if we can give her some more quality life then bu**er the cost she is worth it, but if she is only going to suffer, then for her sake it will be bye-bye to her we have no choice we love her too much. Bev

Maggie

Maggie Report 6 Oct 2004 01:55

My thoughts and prayers are with you Bev.

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 6 Oct 2004 06:45

i hope everything goes ok for your cat ..............but also i hope that if you have to make a big decision that you will be given the stregth to make the right one for the cat.......... in february this year we had to have our beautiful cat Poppy put to sleep she was so ill and had tried treatment but the vet said it was the kindest thing to do by then.............so i know how you are feeling right now because its awful when your pets are ill and you have to decide what to do for the best for them good luck thinking of you Lou xxxx

Sandra

Sandra Report 6 Oct 2004 07:44

Beverley its so hard when our pets become ill, i hope she improves, she is a grand old age. take care sandra

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 6 Oct 2004 08:38

you poor poor thing..... I hope and pray she's ok!! Please let us know!! HUGS. D x