General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Aliens and the missing

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jane

Jane Report 6 Oct 2004 12:54

I have tried and treid to find my great great grandfather's death. He was born in 1837. I have searched the deaths 1837 until 1980 but he really isn't there. I have found his wife's death. I have even found her grave - well where it was. Bombed during the war. So either he is still alive or maybe the aliens took him! I bet many of us have people missing. So is this the answer? Are they up there on another planet having a good time. Probably laughing at us lot. Jane

Bev

Bev Report 6 Oct 2004 12:58

I believe that my missing Ancestors are in a black hole somewhere........................along with all my teaspoons & odd socks i would be equally delighted to find both!!!! Bev

Ramblin Rose

Ramblin Rose Report 6 Oct 2004 13:34

Yes where do odd socks go? I think my biggest mystery is what happened to my gr-gr grandmother Sarah. She is buried in Bath,I have seen her grave 1860 but during that year my gr gr grandfather married again Adelaide Mary, in Tiverton Devon and they produced a child Thomas b. 1860 also. Is it possible to pack so much into one year? And what happened to Sarah,did she jump or was she pushed?!!!!

Fee

Fee Report 6 Oct 2004 13:45

I know of an alien living on this planet and I wish to God she would go back to where she came from!! Oh,I forgot to add,she hasnt two heads or anything but she is slimy!

Belle56

Belle56 Report 6 Oct 2004 14:37

Hi Jane, Maybe your rellie died between January and August 1837, which means that 1837 hold no records for him, as they only started in the last quater, maybe you'll have more luck with parish records. Hope this helps. Belle.

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 6 Oct 2004 16:12

Ha ha Jean!