General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

dr hook or the eagles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sean

Sean Report 6 Oct 2004 19:48

i preferred the eagles when younger but now i appreciate the funny and sometimes sad lyrics of dr hook, what bands did you like when young compared to now sean

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 6 Oct 2004 19:53

Like both of those Sean, but was always amused by Dean Friedman (well well,said the rockin'chair and shopping bag ladies!).

Speedy

Speedy Report 6 Oct 2004 19:55

Back Sabbath and bands like that...yep I was into heavey metal Bev

Sean

Sean Report 6 Oct 2004 19:59

yeah i liked rock too liked sabs humour too specially "fairies wear boots" but the funniest song ive ever heard is "millionaire" by dr hook

Speedy

Speedy Report 6 Oct 2004 20:03

Yep Dr Hook did some good stuff, now I like a wide variety of music. Bev

Sean

Sean Report 6 Oct 2004 20:09

i had the mick taken at work for years because i said that i liked neil diamond as a singer

Speedy

Speedy Report 6 Oct 2004 20:12

I used to be a land lady when I was in the midlands, and we had a customer who we used to book regular, he was unreal as Neil Diamond, if you closed your eyes you could think it was him...always a good crowd when he was on. Bev

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 6 Oct 2004 20:14

sean i love them both. i am a great eagles fan,but adore dr hook susie

Carolyn

Carolyn Report 6 Oct 2004 20:18

A Little Bit More by Dr Hook was one of my favourite songs from the 70s. Still one of my faves. Carolyn

Sean

Sean Report 6 Oct 2004 20:22

i love completely hooked it makes me want to laugh ,cry and make love (ooh err !) its one of the most complete albums ive ever heard.also i like ufo no place to run album whichn is a bit more "rockier"

Andy

Andy Report 6 Oct 2004 20:43

Hey Beverley! Fairies wear boots! Warpigs! Ace stuff, what about Captain Beafheart! Oh yes, Eagles, decent West coast rock, Dr Hook, absolute toot!

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 6 Oct 2004 20:44

I love the Eagles too, Does anyone remember 'Jig-a-Jig by East of Eden? I think it was their only hit,

Speedy

Speedy Report 6 Oct 2004 20:57

Hi Andy just got back, yep good stuff, like Stair way to heaven, my brotherin-law was the drummer in a band called Galliath...if any of the south westerners have head of them then feel free to join in, they were brill never had a record released but used to play in Bridgwater but from Exeter, they split up about 8 years ago..sad..:( Also my nephew-in-law was the lead singer of a thrash metal band the name escapes me for a while they were reign they won Battle of the bands in Bridgwater a few years ago...if any one out there has heard of them then they have heard of "The Hampster song" brill Bev

Andy

Andy Report 12 Oct 2004 19:39

And then there was the Edgar Broughton band - Out demons Out!, the free concert on the beach at Bournmouth after the gig at the pavilion, 1968? (lot of illegal substances since then, brainfade!) Only ended when the Bill disconnected the electricity!

Susan

Susan Report 14 Oct 2004 18:03

Dr Hook every time Sue

Lisa

Lisa Report 14 Oct 2004 18:03

I PREFER THE EAGLES, DON'T THINK MUCH OF DR.HOOK