General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

if a party..........

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa

Lisa Report 7 Oct 2004 11:58

was after your vote .what would you want changed for the country.are they doing anything right now?x

Mags

Mags Report 7 Oct 2004 12:11

I want our country to be ours again! I want the traditions back that we have foregone in order to embrace other cultures. Surely it's not impossible to keep English/British traditions as a parallel to those brought here by those that have immigrated to this country? Yes we should embrace their culture but not replace ours with it! Magsx

Lisa

Lisa Report 7 Oct 2004 12:27

i think we are second class citizens in our own country now mags.that's all i'm sayinxxxx(:

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Oct 2004 13:41

Well said Mags. One thing I'd do is make it compulsory for kids to play conkers, without eye protection too ! lol

Trish

Trish Report 7 Oct 2004 13:42

Bring back GREAT Britain with all it's traditions. I see from todays paper we can't celebrate something else now for fear of upsetting the French. It's getting ridiculous.

Lynne

Lynne Report 7 Oct 2004 14:11

Hi Lisa and all I agree with some of what you have said but I am not so sure about traditions. Some traditions need to be put in the past where they belong (foxhunting anyone?) and we do need to look forward instead of backwards. I don't want to get into a debate on this issue but its very important to me. Being British is not about what you do, it comes from inside. How many people would say they were British if asked their nationality? I cringe every time I hear someone on TV referring to England when they mean Britain. Just my humble opinion folks! Oh yes, and in answer to Lisa's question - I would vote for a party that doesn't tell me I can't have a giant bar of chocolate if I want one! Stop taking away my choices. Lynne

Joy

Joy Report 7 Oct 2004 14:36

I would want a political party that got its facts right before going to war. Joy

Lisa

Lisa Report 7 Oct 2004 14:45

lynne if everything in this country was made out of the sweet stuff i would be happy.!!!!!!!xxxx(:

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 7 Oct 2004 14:46

I'd like a party that told the truth and kept its promises. Am I living in cloud cuckoo land? Sue

BrianW

BrianW Report 7 Oct 2004 14:57

I'd like to see decisions taken on the basis of hard evidence after reasoned discussion and not as a knee-jerk reaction which has not been thought through.

Dafydd

Dafydd Report 7 Oct 2004 15:05

how about a party that will represent the interest of the country, with no spin, no lies, no media PR, no pandering to party members to keep the peace in the party - just get on with running the country.

Lisa

Lisa Report 7 Oct 2004 15:06

which party do you think would be capable of doing that dewi.ukip maybe?xxxx(: