General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Have you seen the latest news tonight?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 7 Oct 2004 22:48

3 explosions in Red Sea resorts very popular with Israeli's. Guess where my hubby has to go in 2 weeks - Tel Aviv on business. He went last year and I was so relieved when he got back. Hoped he wouldn't have to go again. Then of course 2 weeks after that he has to go to Moscow! If the Foreign Office advice doesn't specifically recommend NOT travelling, then he hasn't got a leg to stand on. The trouble is that now there will be a spiral of retaliation from both sides. I know there are people who have lost loved ones tonight - and I feel for them - but I am thinking more selfishly at the moment. Maz. XX

Unknown

Unknown Report 7 Oct 2004 22:55

That's not selfish Maz - we all feel compassion when we see all the crappy things going on in the world but the things that stir us most are those that affect our nearest n dearest - wouldn't be right if it wasn't that way would it? Fingers crossed his trip gets cancelled;)

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 7 Oct 2004 23:09

Thanks chaps. Things sound quite bad there - they are suggesting as there were 3 explosions it could be Al Qaeda. Its beyond me why we can't all live together peacefully. It happens in my street - we must have every nationality and religion going with no problems - so why not everywhere?? Why do people have to be so full of hatred?? Too deep for me - off to bed now, will feel more positive in the morning. Maz. XX

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 8 Oct 2004 06:44

Oh dear Maz, how worrying for you, I haven't seen the news yet, will switch on!.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 8 Oct 2004 09:25

I found out that Hubby is off to Isreal tomorrow.... now I may not like him very much at the moment but I so don't want to be a widow!! Lets pray for all those people that have to visit these places and their safe return!!

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 8 Oct 2004 09:34

Andy reassured me before that the trouble had only been in the disputed Gaza bit - not Tel Aviv or other business/tourist areas. They get chauffeur driven airport/hotel/office and back and I made him promise not to leave the hotel on foot or eat out of the hotel. Now I think this is a big change - although if it can be proved to be Al Qaeda and not Hammas or whoever, then maybe it won't provoke the usual spiralling attacks. I think time will tell over the next week or so. Diana - the security will be tighter than ever now, hopefully he will be ok, maybe his trip will even be cancelled. Maz. XX

Lisa

Lisa Report 8 Oct 2004 12:46

maz know it's hard .when i was with my ex.he was a soldier in the royal hampshire regiment and they were posted out to northern ireland.in county armagh.it was terrifying.but i had to put it at the back of my mind.he'll be fine.wishing him a safe journey back to his family.love and hugsxxxx(: