General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Vanishing Villages

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 8 Oct 2004 07:30

From the parish records of Prees, Shropshire I have: Bur 14 May 1609 John son of Edward Eikin of MITLEY Bur 18 9 1694 Jane d of Arthur Ikin of the MITLEY searching for Mitley in the IGI I have Janna Mitley, b abt 1442 - Mitley, Raddington, Shrops OK Wher is/was Mitley (and Raddington)? The must be somewher near Prees - but i really do need to kno wxactly where.... TIA Peter Krafft Auckland NZ

June

June Report 8 Oct 2004 07:34

Peter, have you looked on Genuki Old Maps, there is also another old maps site, sorry at the moment I cant remember the name.

Mags

Mags Report 8 Oct 2004 07:58

Hello Peter theres an old map of Shropshire (1787 - so a bit later than you need but might be worth a look) on this web site: www(.)yourmapsonline(.)org(.)uk remove brackets. I can't see the village that you are after but since I am looking for relatives in the same area, I can tell you that sometimes what you think is being referred to as a village is sometimes the name of a farm. Hope this helps. Magsx

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 8 Oct 2004 19:12

Thanks all who looked I have a Mickley House in Fauls, near Prees, which is where I wanted it to be, and a Rodington 7 miles south. Regards Peter Auckland NZ