General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Cat names.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Dawn

Dawn Report 9 Oct 2004 15:46

We are getting a kitten next weekend and i was wondering if any of you lot could give me a list of good names. The kittens a female and she's a tabby colour, she's so small she can sit in the palm of your hand. Any idea's please. Dawn

Fairy

Fairy Report 9 Oct 2004 16:28

I had a little tabby with a wonderful nature and I called her Tippy Kanoe. It's the name of a river in Canada that once belonged to the Indians. Jo.

N

N Report 9 Oct 2004 17:57

my cat is named after my favourite drink,LOL. Tia Maria. MMmmmmm nice, she is just a lovely as well. had another cat called merlin, as when he was born his mother lost him for 4 days,PMSL, so he was named merlin.

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy

McAnne's Gahan-Crazy Report 9 Oct 2004 18:17

I have 4 now (2 new additions a week ago).......the older pair are Max & Coco, and the babies are Louie & Jazz :)) How about: Lulu Tabby (cat) Tiggs Or if you know her mothers name - a derivative of that?? Good luck and have fun - brace yourself tho, I had forgotten after 7 years since the last kitten, just how manic they can be, and this time I have TWO!!! lol..................

Fairy

Fairy Report 9 Oct 2004 18:31

A cat we had when I was small was also a tabby and called, Tiggy Tiger Tinson, or three tees for short! Jo.

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Oct 2004 18:32

Our wee boy is called Dooley We also have an imaginary cat called Mewcus Dooley could sit on the palm of my hand too when we got him 4 weeks ago. Now he climbs up my back when I'm in the kitchen and perches on my shoulder. As I write he is fast asleep on a cushion on my desk at my elbow. I swear he has doubled in size. Jim

Maggie

Maggie Report 9 Oct 2004 18:56

Hi Dawn - Lucky you I had a beautiful calico that was called Mimosa - Mimi for short - Mimosa is a climbing plant and as Mimi loved to climb it suited her. We had Merlin who was black and a mini panther. We also had Mosie a Tunya - which is Zimbabwean for Smoke that Thunders - but she was a beautiful grey. I also have Freddie (we were told she was a boy when we got her), Blue and Bethany (Grandma, Granddaughter and great grand daughter (Mosie was Freddie's daughter). We also have Thomas who is tabby (who chose us when he fell in love with Mosie and wouldn't leave her side), Oscar who is tabby and Cameron who is a silver tabby (being Grandad, son and grandson) then there is Arthur - yep 7 cats - and they are all wonderful - you will never want for love with a beautiful cat at home. We tended to go for the name of a famous person - Freddie was after Freddie Mercury - as she minced a bit for a boy cat. Oscar is after Oscar Wild and Arthur is after King Arthur which linked with Merlin. Thomas' full title is Thomas O'Malley from the Alley as he was feral when he first came. I wish you every joy with your bundle of fun. Regards Maggie

Glenys the Menace!

Glenys the Menace! Report 10 Oct 2004 13:13

Hi Dawn, we used to have a tabby kitten, a rescue cat whom we called Lulu. It suited her down to the ground. Only trouble is, we lost her to a hunting dog when she was about 10 months old. Our other cats - Chloe who's black and long-haired, with Cindy Crawford-type spot Midge - short for Midget, who's black and now on a diet! Pepper - named by our nieces; he's chocolate-brown and long haired Sooty - short-haired; you can guess the colour! He's the comedian Topsy - latest addition, she's a white tortoiseshell. Also a comedienne. As 3 of the cats are black, they'll be going for their annual night out on 31st October, Lol! Good luck with your "naming". Glenys.

JALimestonePlains

JALimestonePlains Report 10 Oct 2004 13:55

Hi Dawn we have had burnese, Mozart, Hannah, Edward and Emma (brother and sister, she was supposed to be mrs Simpson) and our latest mad fellow Mr Darcy....he is 20 weeks and a fiend at times. Good luck J.A

Maggie

Maggie Report 10 Oct 2004 22:58

Dawn Have you decided yet? - Do let us know when you do. Maggie

Big Shaz

Big Shaz Report 10 Oct 2004 23:02

I had a cat years ago called Tinker and my other half used to have a cat called 'Hotpoint'... when he first got her the poor wee thing hid behind the washing machine and he had an awful job getting her out but thats why he gave her the name Hotpoint. His mother had a cat too called Pushka.... it started off as Pusscat but ended up Pushka. Shaz :-)