General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Woops!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Shazza

Shazza Report 9 Oct 2004 20:03

I am in the dog house i was in the toilet just pulling up my jeans and suddenly heard a splash and looked down to find my phone that was in the front pocket of my jeans was now in the bottom of the toilet !! Surprise surprise it dosent work weve left it on the side to dry out and will try again in the morning. Bit of a drastic way of getting a new phone Sharon

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 9 Oct 2004 20:06

A friend at work dropped hers in a bucket of soapy water, once dried out it worked o.k.!.. Fingers crossed!..

Shazza

Shazza Report 9 Oct 2004 20:14

He He when I do things I do them well Paul says well done on the not smoking !! Sharon

Lisa

Lisa Report 9 Oct 2004 20:16

my fiance did the same thing once---only it was MY phone that went down the loo!!! he has also left his phone in his pocket and it has gone through the washing machine!! luckily we realised-- we quickly got the machine to empty and recovered the phone-- it did work again and still is--- it was only about a week old when this happened and cost £130!!!! lucky for him it still worked!

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 9 Oct 2004 20:35

Sharon, it might be a good idea to take the battery out, until it has dried out........Bob

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Oct 2004 21:07

Was it before or after you flushed? lol! Many congratulations on getting the new job, hope you enjoy it. Love Mandy :)

Shazza

Shazza Report 10 Oct 2004 09:56

Update i turned my phone on this morning and it works phew !! Sharon

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Oct 2004 12:42

If it packs up in a couple of days which they are known too.... pop it in the airing cupboard for 2/3 days and all will be well!! :O)

Lisa

Lisa Report 11 Oct 2004 15:31

sharon how about RINGING IT OUT TO DRY!!!!!xxxxxxx(:

Shazza

Shazza Report 11 Oct 2004 15:38

Very good Boom Boom Sharon