General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Clocks!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 9 Oct 2004 20:54

Soon we shall be altering the clocks, what would happen if we didn't?, has there ever been a time?.

Daniel

Daniel Report 9 Oct 2004 20:55

Talking to your kids through the boards Christine? :-)

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 9 Oct 2004 21:01

Ha ha Daniel, that looked funny, I'm half here and half on e-bay at the moment!. Just wondered what a differnce it would make to us, am sure I remember someone once saying that they weren't altered!. Extra daylight..

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 9 Oct 2004 21:40

If we didn't alter the clocks, the day after we should have done it would be much the same as the one before - and there would be a lot of happier people and fewer road accidents. It was instigated to allow agricultural worker to co-incide their working hours with maximum daylight. That was when agriculture was a major industry upon which we depended. There is no good reason for continueing with "daylight saving", which is a misnomer, as it doesn't save any - but pushes up the road casualty statistics. len

Fairy

Fairy Report 9 Oct 2004 21:49

I wish we could leave it as well. I have nine clocks in my house and three watches, plus the car. All takes time! Jo.

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 9 Oct 2004 21:50

You do not have to change your clocks, just alter your daytime habits to suit..........just remember you will be an hour in front of everyone else.

Wendy Rita

Wendy Rita Report 10 Oct 2004 15:13

Hi, us here in Western Australia, we do not alter our clocks at all, we did try it a few years back, but because we get it so hot it was voted against & to leave alone, as it was hotter later in the afternoon so young children were having a job getting to sleep. Is it the 31st October you change the clocks. Best Wishes to you all, Rita (Western Australia)

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 10 Oct 2004 15:20

Yes Wendy 31st October British Summer Time ends, I believe the official time is 2am. Sue