General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I Met a cousin through GR.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fairy

Fairy Report 10 Oct 2004 09:24

I got all excited this time last year as I actually found a 4th cousin. Now for someone like me with no siblings, no parents, no aunts, uncles or indeed anyone else you can imagine I was so happy. We wrote to each other, very friendly, until I mentioned meeting each other, invited her and her family to my house. I could tell she was'nt keen, which to a certain extent I could understand. I then suggested we met at a half way pub for lunch. I then never heard from her again. I did write and ask her why and she never replied. Apart from feeling like a bunny boiler, I'm quite sad. Jo.

Fairy

Fairy Report 10 Oct 2004 09:42

No, that's not me Malcolm. I've tried once, the person did'nt want to know, so maybe it's her loss. We even exchanged photographs and both thought that there was a family resembalance. Hey Ho Jo.

Pat Kendrick

Pat Kendrick Report 10 Oct 2004 14:19

Joanne Have another try, I made contact with an old school friend, but when she suggested we meet up I declined reason was I was overweight most of my upper body I swear is now below my hips and I just remember her looking so fantastic. So I thought I'll meet up later when at least I have lost some weight. This is my loss through my vanity I suppose. Your cousin may have similar type misgivings. Give it another go. Pat

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 10 Oct 2004 22:43

Jo Maybe it was the communication system that failed. Lots of letters (millions) get lost in the mails and I know from my own experience that many e-mails "get lost in the ether". Send her a Christmas or New Year card. Maybe a Happy Birthday card, right now. Want an honorary uncle? Len