General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What are you doing today?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fairy

Fairy Report 10 Oct 2004 12:44

I'm not doing a lot. We're going to the Roman park near here for a long walk with the dog. Then stopping off for a cup of tea and a bun. Something nice and relaxing. Jo.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 10 Oct 2004 12:47

ironing in a minute :-((((( Where is the Roman Park Joanne - Charlotte is studying Romans this term - is it in the London area? Maz. XX

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 Oct 2004 12:55

I'm battling with various web sites trying to find members of my family from the 1800's, you see I'm new to this and not sure if I'm on the right sites. I've get various births, deaths and marriage certificates finishing at 1874 but want to go further. It appears to me that to find out and view further certificates I would need to visit the records office in London? But as I live in Jersey that is not going to be very easy for me. Can anyone out there give me some advise and web sites that I can research, I've names to continue but no dates etc and I feel like I'm bashing my head against a brick wall (I could always do the ironing!!!!)

Shazza

Shazza Report 10 Oct 2004 13:07

Hi, My Niece Chloe is 4 today so in a little while we are all going to Activity World then back to my Sisters house for a party. Great fun!! Sharon

Fairy

Fairy Report 10 Oct 2004 13:09

MAZ, I've emailed you. Jo.

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 10 Oct 2004 15:04

had a power cut this morning from 8am and got it back around 1pm now trying to search for some rellies on 1837, karen

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 10 Oct 2004 15:27

Have been out in the garden, and shopping, and now am getting started on dinner!. Might just add that hubby is fast asleep in the chair!..

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 10 Oct 2004 15:31

I have spring cleaned my daughters bedroom, she is coming home on Saturday, made a shepperds pie for tomorrow, and now I am cooking dinner, in between being on here, oh I forgot ironing next, who said Sunday was a day of rest lol. Sue

Sandra

Sandra Report 10 Oct 2004 15:35

Hi Joanne i've been to a car boot sale in aid of an animal charity, got a couple of toys for Katie. I've been making new family files on my tree maker, and updating my record index.and files. I have had a nice roast chicken dinner my son cooked, and he and his girlfriend are now doing the washing up. So i've had a fairly relaxing day lol sandra

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 10 Oct 2004 15:36

Well, I've done some ironing - yuk yuk yuk - hubby should be back in a min from his golf holiday, so it will be washing next!! He doesn't know it yet, but we're having Chinese tonight!! I'm gonna be on here while he plays with the kids! Maz. XX

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 10 Oct 2004 15:39

Nice one Maz

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 10 Oct 2004 16:42

Been to Fordham, Cambridgeshire to look for my dead relies in the graveyard. About to start dinner and I'm absolutly whacked! Viv

Joy

Joy Report 10 Oct 2004 17:03

My sister and nephew stayed for the weekend - they have just gone home. Better half and I have started packing - moving house 22 October. Joy

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 10 Oct 2004 17:07

ive got visitors!! aka strump lol susie

M&M

M&M Report 10 Oct 2004 17:26

i have been to the seaside this morning ,then a four hour drive home.maureen.

Sprack

Sprack Report 10 Oct 2004 18:51

scanned and cropped 150 photos, changed the beds , cooked the dinner and went to visit my mum for 2 hours in the nursing home where she lives. jenny x

Dawn

Dawn Report 10 Oct 2004 19:26

I went grave hunting!! Found my gx3 grandparents grave and left some flowers there then came home to ironing and the usual motherly chores. Dawn

Steph

Steph Report 10 Oct 2004 19:33

Been to Mallory Park, in Leicestershire to see the classic car racing. Hubby's idea, but I really enjoyed it!!! Kids did too!! Chilly, but we've been out the fresh air all day, and completely shattered!

Margaret

Margaret Report 10 Oct 2004 19:50

We have just driven back from a family wedding in Sussex.

BrianW

BrianW Report 10 Oct 2004 22:36

Rang the bells for the morning service. Got some petrol for the motor bikes. Took a load of waste paper to the Scouts. Had son come home with girlfriend waving engagement ring. (More for family tree) Caravan engineer came and fixed van so we can go gene hunting next weekend at Canterbury.