General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Birkenhead is seperate from Liverpool

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Daniel

Daniel Report 10 Oct 2004 12:47

Just wanted to say that as once again I have just looked in the paper and have seen another mix up. This time they say Paul O'grady is a Liverpudlian. This sort of thing must annoy other people too. I'm sure many times the people of Sunderland are being called Geordies and the people of Bolton being called Mancunians. Irritating! End of Moan.

Speedy

Speedy Report 10 Oct 2004 12:51

Hi, when I moved to Exeter, one of the local's thought I was from Scotland!!! I was born in Walsall just slighty north of Birmingham, when I explained this to him his answer was " thats almost Scotland" then he asked what I was doing down here my answer was "educating thick bu**ers like you" some people just don't know where any place is if it is not in the same street.... Bev

Daniel

Daniel Report 10 Oct 2004 12:54

Wallasey actually to save on MP's wages (which is unusual) It'll never happen.

Daniel

Daniel Report 10 Oct 2004 12:59

Just checked. It would mean Wallasey sharing an MP with Kirkdale.