General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

i can laugh about it now

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 10 Oct 2004 16:29

went shopping in lidl there was a man with a parrot on his trolly i said i am sorry but youcant have an animal in a food shop he said he does it all the time even in sainsbuys( i find that hard to believe).When i got to the checkout i told the lad and the bloke came running over and said are you from the health when i said no he said well shut your gob.The lad on the till did not say anything and when i went back to they car my hubby was fuming and he would not start the car till he came out.He said talk to my wife like that again like that and i will rip your head off the bloke went mad and started effing and jeffing and thumped the car roofi had to restrain my hubby as he was uptite about it and the bloke was about 20 yrs younger than him

Daniel

Daniel Report 10 Oct 2004 16:31

A parrot on a trolly? Did I read that right?

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 10 Oct 2004 16:32

Where was the manager, the lad should have called him to help sort it out, in my opinion no way should a parrot be allowed in a food shop. Hope hubby has calmed down. Sue

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 10 Oct 2004 16:33

yes deffo an african one grey

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 10 Oct 2004 16:37

a TROLLEY POLLY

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 10 Oct 2004 16:39

they dont have secrurity cos last week i saw a shoplifter and told a shop girl and she made him lift his jumper up and took the things of him.I said you are a bit young to tackle shoplifters and she said we dont have secrurity guards well what can i say think i better keep away from lidl lol

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 10 Oct 2004 16:41

baz oh i like it lol

Daniel

Daniel Report 10 Oct 2004 16:50

Well this isn't a thread for funny remarks so I wont say was the parrot going in for some crackers?

Angela

Angela Report 10 Oct 2004 16:50

report this incident, plus the shop's apparent lack of interest, to your local environmental health department - look them up via your local council. you never know, they might already be aware of the man and his parrot and may be able to add this to their file of incidents. even if not, they need to know so they can educate the shop in which it happened about appropriate steps to take. angela

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 10 Oct 2004 16:57

well i have looked online for the head office daft me its not an english firm what i missed out at the begining i would not have noticed the parrot if the man had not been talking to it( must have been asking it what it wanted for dinner) and also a man next to me at the checkout said he rather like parrots when i said did he object might have been a different story if it s--t in his trolly

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 10 Oct 2004 17:04

My dad has a parrot, but she is kept away from foods as they can carry a disease that is non to pleaseant for humans (I believe). I certainly wouldn't take one shopping with me. You should definatley report the incident, not only for health reasons, but for the abuse you received also. Rebecca

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 10 Oct 2004 17:29

Report it to your councils environmental health dept. E x

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Oct 2004 18:59

Oh god Sandra, I know it's really serious but I'm absolutely pmsl - I just can't believe that a man had his parrot in a supermarket! And was Jim spitting feathers lol?? It could only happen to you! But seriously, everyone here is right, you must report this to environmental health and the boy at the till should certainly have got the manager over. Take care, hope Jim's calmed down now! Mandy :)) xx

Mags

Mags Report 10 Oct 2004 19:44

Sandra - his wife's handwriting's obviously not very good - she wanted 3lb of carrots! lol Seriously, well done you for making the point, even though it wasn't well received and a medal for your husband for sticking up for you and nearly sticking one on him! You should certainly report it to Environmental Health - if that happens IN THE STORE - what happens where you CAN'T SEE??? Magsxx

Natalie

Natalie Report 10 Oct 2004 20:24

Sandra, Take a parrot of your own next time and tell him that "Toucan play at that game!"!!!! Natalie

Michael

Michael Report 10 Oct 2004 20:53

I was waiting for the punchline!!! then I realised it wasn't a joke!

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 10 Oct 2004 21:29

mandy spitting feathers thats a cracker mags i like that well it was going to be chicken for tea but plan b came next chops! best part about itgoing in lidl was a last minuet thing as we were going past i said pull up and i will nip in for some ice cream as the girls really like it.This story is true i promise you when we called at my sisters ( my bil is a copper) they laughed there heads of and called us lidl loonies lol anyway i have been looking at this mornings paper and i said to my hubby lidl have a website he said tell them our blood presure is sky high !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 10 Oct 2004 22:18

I totally agree with what everyone said about health consequenses, but Sandra this has to be one of the funniest threads that have been on for ages. I know we all say PMSL but I very nearly did! Christine

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 10 Oct 2004 22:21

christine thanks you are right it seems unreal but i keep going over it in my head

sandra rogers

sandra rogers Report 12 Oct 2004 22:15

hiya had my eyes checked yesterday they are ok and told the opticain about the parrot she said this has to be a joke i said i kid you not anyway i have wrote a letter to the manager i will let you know