General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

STREETS OF MANCHESTER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Alva

Alva Report 10 Oct 2004 17:31

Hi All: Does any one live in or near Manchester who could possibly help me find a street? I have this old address book of my mother's, some of it hard to read. In it is an address for J. Williams , 24 Aquobeck (looks like) Street , London Road, then it says Davie at London Road, Manchester. Have know idea why she had London Road down twice. Living in Canada as was she and never to England not sure how the streets are named. This person would likely be an Aunt or Uncle from the 30s to the 60s. I have tried to look this up on mapquest but can't come up with a definate area. I know this person would be long dead but it may steer me in a direction of finding them and their children. Keep in mind that this might not be how the street was spelled the writing is in pencil and fading. Thanks, Alva in British Columbia

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Oct 2004 17:54

hi Alva, there is an AQUOBECK Street in Manchester, New Hampshire - its on Londonderry Road