General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Update on Kitten

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sara

Sara Report 10 Oct 2004 22:01

I am sad to say the my cat (kizzy) kitten born on friday morning has passed on , we are not sure if kizzy was feeding the kitten or she just laid on it, The vet seem to think that the kitten was fine when I took them both to the vets on friday.I now wish I had gone by my own instincts and feed the kitten myself, but i took proffessional advise and hoped for the best. Regards Sara

Gypsy

Gypsy Report 10 Oct 2004 22:37

Sara, I am really sorry to hear that. We had a cat who was really small, when she got pregnant the vets didn't think that she was big enough to give birth, so she had to have a caesarian. She had two kittens, one was born dead, the other we brought home, but sadly two days later it also died. It was so sad, especially as all the mother had gone through. Thinking of you Pat

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Oct 2004 12:37

How sad!! Maybe it's for the best tho, you never know what was wrong with her internally!!

Minty1402

Minty1402 Report 11 Oct 2004 12:43

i am so sorry hon. my cat had a litter and the first one was born dead. i tried everything to bring it around but to no avail. the other one is alive and well and apart from being the devils own cat is doing well! my cat has since had another litter of 5 and they are all fine and well..5 weeks old on wednesday. Di

Maggie

Maggie Report 12 Oct 2004 00:54

Sorry to hear your sad news Sara - some mother cats are not naturals especially if they are young and sometimes they are just really unlucky. Good luck for the next time - My ladies have all had litters bar the last one Bethany and she is really flighty compared with those who had litters. Chin up love Maggie