General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHAT IS THE BEST FILM OF ALL TIME?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Denise

Denise Report 10 Oct 2004 23:08

WHICH FILM GETS THE GR THUMBS UP?

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 10 Oct 2004 23:18

The shawshank redemption, i love it.

Spud Fae Livi

Spud Fae Livi Report 10 Oct 2004 23:37

Have a list Midnight Express Kelly's Hero's The Warriors Robocop Braveheart and now Lord Of The Rings Although not nessary in that order

Spud Fae Livi

Spud Fae Livi Report 10 Oct 2004 23:51

Sorry Linda it was only after I added to this thead that I saw Andy's. And i have also thought of others.

Unknown

Unknown Report 10 Oct 2004 23:53

Thomas, I can only assume you included RoboCop to get a laugh ? lol

Spud Fae Livi

Spud Fae Livi Report 11 Oct 2004 00:01

Hey Paul I was Drunk most of the 80's (and 90's0.l

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Oct 2004 00:01

:)

Spud Fae Livi

Spud Fae Livi Report 11 Oct 2004 00:09

Linda, Not at all.

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Oct 2004 00:13

Donna, I like that too (I have a thing for Julia Roberts ;) also it contains one of my favourite songs... Brown Eyed Girl

Annie

Annie Report 11 Oct 2004 00:22

"Lenny " In black and white. Dustin Hoffman's best ever role in his portrayal of Lenny Bruce. Also the name of my favourite cat - run over, as they all have been - sigh! Also liked Blues Brothers Little Voice The Man who went up a Hill and came down a Mountain (Hugh Grant -and about my home village in Wales) - ahhhh oh and Dead Poets Society - brill xxx A

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 11 Oct 2004 23:13

Once upon a time in America

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Oct 2004 23:24

Hard to just pick one. In its time, Gone with the Wind. Now it is seen as racist and overblown, but the images of the battlefields of the civil war and Atlanta in flames are still powerful. Other ideas: The Great Escape To kill a mockingbird All quiet on the Western Front All about Eve Citizen Kane Breakfast at Tiffanys Foreign films Ivan the terrible Throne of blood

Melba64

Melba64 Report 11 Oct 2004 23:44

One of my favourites is Twelve Angry Men with Henry Fonda. More recently I enjoyed Jumpin' Jack Flash with Whoopie Goldberg and The Others with Nicole Kidman. There's loads more but I don't want to bore you all. Mel

Minty1402

Minty1402 Report 12 Oct 2004 02:00

calamity jane! love it to bits. *well i'll be a horn swaggled!* also sount of music. wizard of oz. guns of navarone. grease. Di

Wayne the boy from OZ

Wayne the boy from OZ Report 12 Oct 2004 05:08

To Kill a Mocking Bird Five easy Pieces The Great Escape Cool Hand Luke Some like it Hot One flew over the Cookoos Nest Love Story (for a good cry) Nottinghill