General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Alarm clocks

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 10 Oct 2004 23:36

Do you set an alarm clock to wake yourself up every day? If there is one thing I dislike, then it is being awakened to the buzz of an alarm clock. Mind you, I do have to use one now and again. I usually wake up on time without one, but if I have an appointment don't like to leave it to chance. Sylvia xxx

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 10 Oct 2004 23:41

I wouldnt get up if i didnt - i dont like mornings much

Chris Ho :)

Chris Ho :) Report 11 Oct 2004 07:25

Hubby's the alarm clock here!, up at 5.20 every week day, followed by daughter then me!..

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 11 Oct 2004 07:46

We haven't set an alarm clock in years. Like you I would hate to be woken by that dreadful sound. We wake up around 5am and get up soon after, on week days. I have a theory that people are less grumpy in the mornings if they wake naturally, without an alarm.

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 11 Oct 2004 07:53

I have an alarm clock, I am paranoid about being late, but I usually am up and about before it goes off. I have it set to radio, so should I not wake, the radio wakes me, usually the news or weather. Rebecca

syljo

syljo Report 11 Oct 2004 15:57

Gwyneth, 5 am up in the morning. My goodness, what time do you go to bed? I never make bedtime before 1.00 am, unless there is snooker, then it is later!! These cold mornings don't help me getting out of bed either. Sylvia xxx

☼♥Missy

☼♥Missy Report 11 Oct 2004 16:05

I always set my alarm clock but I usually wake up just before it goes off. I hate being woken by an alarm though - it puts me on edge. I don't want to risk sleeping in when I have to get my son to school. Lx

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 12 Oct 2004 00:37

Off to bed now Sylvia!.