General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

is it really any of her business?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 11 Oct 2004 01:00

while at my mums for tea last night i said to a family memeber who is over from ireland that i would like to try for a girl as i have 3 boys my mum said you have another one you know i will never speak to you again, this comment got both myself and hubby mad cos we feel as we are married and are grown adults we can have as many kids as we like ,just thought i would let of steam cos im so mad at the way my mum had a go in front of everyone kylie

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Oct 2004 01:22

When anyone got into a conversation with us about Family Planning we used to say "We believe in FP, we plan to have as many as come along." Had 6, sadly lost one at 3 months. The others are fine young Adults now, and I wouldn't be without any one of them. Jim

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 11 Oct 2004 01:39

Kylie, it's funny isn't it how after the first everyone wants to know when the next one will be, then when number 3 comes along, it's "surely that'll be you finished now!" I have four, and ok the last one was a total surprise, but it did annoy me how many people commented, "that's not you pregnant again!" I feel as long as you can support your family, it's up to you how many you have! best wishes for future baby number four. LOL Christine

badger

badger Report 11 Oct 2004 08:18

I wouldn't be quite as blunt as David ,but he is right ,it's no ones buisiness but yours ,besides i have never yet come across a grandmother who could love only so many of her grandchildren, it would be her loss.You do what you and hubby want and b****r everyone else.Fred.ptfg.

JackyJ1593

JackyJ1593 Report 11 Oct 2004 08:29

I have a family near me that went off to Australia with their 6 children fr hubby's job and came back with number 7. When talking recently, she said she would love number 8 but hubby has now said no. She thinks she might be able to talk him into it. The only problem would be to find transport for 10! And that is the only problem she can think of??!! Jacky :-) mother of 2 but wanted 4.

PinkDiana

PinkDiana Report 11 Oct 2004 08:38

You have as many as you can afford babe and if you want to try for a footie team you go for it.... Mums are strange creatures sometimes and probably doesn't even realise what she said!! :O)

Fairy

Fairy Report 11 Oct 2004 09:13

Dos'nt she like being a grandma or something? I'd love to have lots of grandchildren. Tell her to Mind her Own. Jo.

Unknown

Unknown Report 11 Oct 2004 10:03

What a ridiculous statement, its the decision of you and your partner/husband how many children you have. Most parents would relish more grandchildren, I know mine would but sadly they aren't likel to get any. You go for it if you want to, but bear in mind you might get a 4th boy :)

Dafydd

Dafydd Report 11 Oct 2004 10:09

I would say its b*gger all to do with anyone else. Its up to you and your husband/partner - end of story. Mind, 2 of my mums sisters had 3, wanted a 4th and both of them ended up with twins. Theres nothing like a big family though :-)

kylie from perth in oz

kylie from perth in oz Report 11 Oct 2004 10:23

told hubby today dont care what mum thinks we are having number 4 so see what happens